Rear Lift Gate Rattle

I just brought in my RX 400h to fix a very noticeable rattle in the rear lift gate. The dealer knew immediately what it was. He said he had the same problem on 4 or 5 RX330 this year. The plastic panel on the inside if the lift gate immediately below the window is what was rattling. My dealer removed the panel and put a felt spacer between the panel and metal door. Rattle happily gone.

I hope if any of you experience this same rattle you find this info useful. Dealer had me in and out in less than an hour.

all i have been able to figure out with the passenger seatbelt is to pull it over the top of the headrest so that the metal tounge doesnt have anything to bang against, i guess you could buckle the seatbelt also. i too had the rear rattle that was progressively louder, i thot it was the rear seats at first however my rattle was in the rear right quarter panel next to the rear hatch, also fixed in half an hour at the dealer.

• 16 years later...

I have a rattling sound coming from my Bruno unoccupied lift. The rattle is only when the lift is up (no scooter). And when the scooter is on the lift (lift down) no rattling. This has been happening these past few months. No sound when installed in 9/2021. I took it back to the Mobility Works installer and they said there is nothing wrong. I took it to the dealer- and they said it is not coming from anywhere in the Ford Escape Titanium bought new. All these articles refer to rattling so maybe you can help me figure this out. Online there is a link about heavy duty anti-rattle stabilizer. Is this what I need? Thank You