Bluetooth In Gs430

Want to get away from Nextel. price...I guess under 300 bucks...just needs to be phone. Don't really need much besides that. I was planning on going with cingular if that makes a difference.

I have the motorolla v330 and it works well with the car. The only issue is you can only send one phone number at a time to the phonebook (unless you pop the chip out to another phone). I have it through Tmobile. I had a phone with verizon, but they had turned off the ability to use the bluetooth phonebook feature, and there is no other way to get the phone book entries to the car. (actually I think this is a major flaw in the car features.....that you cannot enter or edit a phone book entry from the car) (and that there are no voice activated dialing features on the car as wel)

I thought you could just buy the microphone for $100 from Toyota and add voice commands like the sienna and most other full function Toyota head units.

I am pretty sure it is what i pinned in the audio video section.

Also you need to find out which carrier you want to go with before being able to select a phone depending on its capabilities and protocol.

I have a 2006 GS 300 with navigation system, and I could be incorrect, but I do not think there are any voice commands for the cellular phone.

There are voice commands for the navigation system. I do think it is the worst voice command system I have come across though. It only recognizes certain words and if you say something that is not on the list, rather than telling you to try another command or that it does not recognize the word you said, it almost 100% of the time picks something nothing at all like what you said. If I say "telephone" or something totally different...........I often will get a reply that says "turning on banking icons".

Also, although my cell phone has a voice command function, if I hit the voice command button on the cell phone to initiate the voice command when the bluetooth has hooked up to my car, I get no response. I think that the bluetooth system does not work with the phone's voice command, and therefore the phone's microphone seems to be turned off when in the car and not connected to an active phone conversation.

Overall, once you get past these shortcomings......the motorola phone does work well with the car. I have never had a problem making or receiving a call, and once you figure out the ins and outs of transferring an addressbook record and/or setting up a one touch button, it works pretty well. There is a learning curve as to what an item will look like once transferred to the car, so if the business name has 2 words and you want it shown alphabetically by the first word, you need to connect the words with the underline character, and you have to keep in mind how many letters can show on both the address screen and the one touch screen on the car to decide how to format the address on your cell phone. (just a couple tips before you start)

I have a Cingular Razr in the NYC area. I was a former Verizon customer and I am very impressed with both the V3 and Cingular. The Bluetooth is nice at first, until you live with it and get to know its shortcomings. With the V3, it is true that you can only transfer one phonebook entry at a time. I found this fantastic solution on this fourm, thanks to the author. If you have a BT capable palm. In the contact list make a new category. Enter Name, and phone number (without a preceeding 1, also no spaces or dashes.) Then send the entire category, at one time, to the Lexus. My father has a Verizon 710, and paid someone to copy all his contact to a BT phone and then upload it to the Lexus, only to discover a typing mistake in two enteries. I did this Palm trick for him this past weekend.

The biggest issue I have with the Lexus BT, is that there is no way to accept call waiting. This is very annoying. You need to keep the phone out and press the button on the phone manually. I also wish the voice dial would work. If your phone freezes while driving, and you need to shut the phone off and on again, the Lexus does not find the phone. You acctually need to pull over and restart the car.

• 1 month later...

:P Palm Transfer Worked!!! I have been dealing with Verizon No phonebook problem since I purchased my GS300 in September. I borrowed a bluetooth palm, entered my names and phone numbers as you suggested. It took a little work but once my phone was connnected and the palm recognized the car. Transferred entire "lexus"category in one snap!!!

THANK YOU