1999 Rx300, Can't Open Driver's Door From Inside!

Danile

I can't open my driver's side door from the inside anymore, the outside handle works fine though. This requires I lower my window and open the outside handle if I want to get out. I was told by a local mechanic that I need a new door latch assembly, and I need to get it from Lexus.

I called a few places but the part seems really expensive at Lexus dealerships, I tried looking online for the part but can't seem to locate it. Anyone know where I could pick this up?

I can't open my driver's side door from the inside anymore, the outside handle works fine though. This requires I lower my window and open the outside handle if I want to get out. I was told by a local mechanic that I need a new door latch assembly, and I need to get it from Lexus.

I called a few places but the part seems really expensive at Lexus dealerships, I tried looking online for the part but can't seem to locate it. Anyone know where I could pick this up?

Look at www.taprecycling.com. They're a used Lexus/Toyota parts dealer.

Great, I'll check it out. Just found out it's actually called a door lock assembly instead, thx.

Great, I'll check it out. Just found out it's actually called a door lock assembly instead, thx.

Also try newlexusparts.com and irontoad.com. Both are Lexus dealers that discount over the internet. If you don't see the part listed you can request a quote.

Takes a little knowledge to take door apart and replace the lock mechanism. I seem to remember you have a trusted mechanic. Lexus price unforntunately was $258. But I didn't know about the online discount dealers. By the way that was just the part price.