Ac Problems

sapper_daddy

i have a problem with my air conditioner.........okay no matter where i set the output to, floor, windshield, or the main vents it blows there but also out of the side vent(closest to the windows) but the centers do like they are supposed to turning on and off according to where i set the output.ie if i put it on main vent, the outside vents blow stronger than the center, and if i put it on floor, it blows to the floor but still out of the two side vents.....but the center ones shut off like they would if it was functioning normally also the vents in the centter console, pointing to the rear do not work at all no matter where i set the output to. does any one have any ideas.........i'm thinking its a relay but haven't found which one might be responsible.

a big fear of me putting money into an older vehicle is that it will hiccup and drop a valve or start burning oil.............so i started looking up a new set of rings and a set of heads, just for curiosity's sake, is this right? if it is, i think everyone on this forum should get a new set of heads so that we can have our LEXUS for twenty more years, OOOHHH YEAH....i'll stop now.....got a little worked up for a second there, oh yeah a set of rings is 400 bucks though what gives??? maybe there are no valves, keepers or spings in there? :cheers::cheers::cheers:

My two console rear vents also does not work, have absolutely no air no matter which setting I set to on the climate control module. Are the two rear vents just a bypass from the main air passage or do they have their own blower system?

Edited by flanker271

Flanker.... i'm assuming ur talking about the arm rest one right... well like wut SK mentioned... there is a switch on the center console... below the vents... where u can switch to have it open or closed. If it is on the open setting... make sure there is no blockage when u open ur arm rest... u'll c where the vents r.

Good luck

Tom