Third Brake Light Not Working

rich21

first of all ur third brake light is inside of the car or u talking about one that in the spoiler?

if ur 3rd brake light is inside of ur car (right behind of rear windsheld) there are possibility of light bulb is burned out or wire..but most time light bulb (99%)

if ur 3rd brake light is on ur spoiler (LED) your ground or power wire ripped.. it usually happend to camry or SC because from factory when they make it.. the wire is too short and they tied 3rd brake light wires with trunk support. (L shape) so after u close and open several times automatically the wires rip.. it's really hard to explain ... (i'm not good at english~)

anyways~ first u gotta open ur trunk and get the black clothes out then u will see the gas tank..

if u see right side then there are green and black wire together.. (look carefully)

check those wires out i'm pretty sure one of the wire has been ripped..just get a extra wire and connect them.. that's it...

i had same problem.. and i fixed it..it's so easy to fix it.. so good luck~ ^^

• 1 year later...

This works. I followed the directions as stated and it really does work. I had to remove multiple panels within the trunk. The panel attached to the trunk lid. The panel over the spare tire. The panel over the gas tank. From there, one should be able to trace the wires, green and black (both with white trim) from the spoiler light, through the trunk lid and into the bundle of wires directly next to the gas tank. In my stance, the green wire was noticeably severed out of the bundle. However, the black wire was still in place. Thus, I had to find some copper wire and splice then rejoin. Best of luck!

• 2 months later...
first of all ur third brake light is inside of the car or u talking about one that in the spoiler?

if ur 3rd brake light is inside of ur car (right behind of rear windsheld) there are possibility of light bulb is burned out or wire..but most time light bulb (99%)

if ur 3rd brake light is on ur spoiler (LED) your ground or power wire ripped.. it usually happend to camry or SC because from factory when they make it.. the wire is too short and they tied 3rd brake light wires with trunk support. (L shape) so after u close and open several times automatically the wires rip.. it's really hard to explain ... (i'm not good at english~)

anyways~ first u gotta open ur trunk and get the black clothes out then u will see the gas tank..

if u see right side then there are green and black wire together.. (look carefully)

check those wires out i'm pretty sure one of the wire has been ripped..just get a extra wire and connect them.. that's it...

i had same problem.. and i fixed it..it's so easy to fix it.. so good luck~ ^^

Mine was too, led's in the spoiler, i pulled the trim off, there it was, wire was broken, I added 6" of wire and I'm back in business!

Thanks!

hr