Cluster Swap

sarcazm

can i swap a cluster from a 97 into my 96? i know the color is different....are the, "dumbass lights" the same? i have a good price on the 97 cluster 89k for 35 bucks at my junk yrd, on mine the only light that still work at night time...... the gas

Edited by sarcazm

can i swap a cluster from a 97 into my 96? i know the color is different....are the, "dumbass lights" the same? i have a good price on the 97 cluster 89k for 35 bucks at my junk yrd, on mine the only light that still work at night time...... the gas

No

Anybody got pics of them both?

As bad as cluster needles are to burn out, I wouldn't swap one. I'd hit O.L.T. up on ClubLexus.com & have him replace your needles & backlights to whatever color you want.

http://www.lextech.org/osCommerce/

I have researched the "swap" when I did work on my 93 ES cluster, The only cluster that will fit in your 96 are 92-96 clusters. Definetly go with Brian @ www.lextech.org. ;)

Does any body know where i can get a tach character plate? Mine seems to be shot. I did a direct line from the ignitor to the line on the cluster and the tach is just moving slightly when i rev the engine.

Pick up a cheap used cluster and switch out the plate, Save the rest for parts, You'll need them.