Sunroof One Touch

smikec

I just got a 2002 ES 300 Preowned.

I was dissapointed to find out that my sunroof does not open with a touch of the button. Also the remote opens all the windows but the roof will not open. The dealer claims that the roof cant be added to that option. the remote window opening feature can be either enabled or disabled. :(

When I got the car home, I was reading the manual and the "2002 ES 300" Manuel claims the roof can be opened with one touch. Also the remote can open it along with the windows. :huh:

Does anyone have any input why this feature might not work. All my other windows auto feature works.

I have a 2002 ES and my sunroof opens with one touch of a button, the rear tilts up with one touch of a button and closes with one touch of a button. If I press and hold the unlock button of my key, the windows and sunroof all open.

Start with the button inside the car, when you push it and the roof does not open, do the lights dim a bit? I am wondering if the motor is getting power if it has crapped out all together. Can you hear it running when you push the button?

Check all your fuses, too.

steviej

Sounds like the roof needs to relearn the sunroof glass travel. Hold the slide close button and keep it pressed until the roof goes through it's fully movement cycle. Sometimes when the battery is disconnected this can happen.

But it opens and closes just fine. I have to hold the button though.

I have a 2002 ES and my sunroof opens with one touch of a button, the rear tilts up with one touch of a button and closes with one touch of a button. If I press and hold the unlock button of my key, the windows and sunroof all open.

Start with the button inside the car, when you push it and the roof does not open, do the lights dim a bit? I am wondering if the motor is getting power if it has crapped out all together. Can you hear it running when you push the button?

Check all your fuses, too.

steviej

Works beautifully now. Both one touch open & close, and even the remote opens it now. Thanks

Sounds like the roof needs to relearn the sunroof glass travel. Hold the slide close button and keep it pressed until the roof goes through it's fully movement cycle. Sometimes when the battery is disconnected this can happen.

I just got a 2002 ES 300 Preowned.

I was dissapointed to find out that my sunroof does not open with a touch of the button. Also the remote opens all the windows but the roof will not open. The dealer claims that the roof cant be added to that option. the remote window opening feature can be either enabled or disabled. :(

When I got the car home, I was reading the manual and the "2002 ES 300" Manuel claims the roof can be opened with one touch. Also the remote can open it along with the windows. :huh:

Does anyone have any input why this feature might not work. All my other windows auto feature works.

Theres a setting in your CBES( customized body electrical system.) feature that can enable the sunroof to open via the wireless remote.

your car is mostl likely disabled. check with the dealer and have them access the CBES program and go into the settings and check. :cheers:

• 3 years later...

Hi, i just bought a 2004 RX330...and i can open all my windows except my sunroof via the wireless key. I read on the manual that this feature can be disabled. I am thinking now that the previous owner might of gotten the sunroof disabled from opening via wireless remote. Can any tell me if there is a way I can do this my self with out having to take it to the Lexus dealer?