Need Help With A Gift

ArmyofOne

I need a few lines, to have engraved on a dogtag for a very special lady in my life. Her name is Lexie. I just cant think LOL. give me some ideas, it has to be special, but not too mushy. come on LOC, you have come through for me many times before. I know what i want to say, I just dnt know how to compress it LOL. like a small sentence is the most I can do here.

Care to take a stab?

I like the one i originally had planned (it has to do with her and her willingness to wait for me to come back from Iraq to get married, that was her idea!)

"Patience is a virtue of eternal love"

or

"Walk Softly, For you Reside in My Dreams" (that is adapted from William Butler Yeats' "tread softly, for you tread on my dreams")

help! LOL.

I need a few lines, to have engraved on a dogtag for a very special lady in my life. Her name is Lexie. I just cant think LOL. give me some ideas, it has to be special, but not too mushy. come on LOC, you have come through for me many times before. I know what i want to say, I just dnt know how to compress it LOL. like a small sentence is the most I can do here.

Care to take a stab?

I like the one i originally had planned (it has to do with her and her willingness to wait for me to come back from Iraq to get married, that was her idea!)

or

"Walk Softly, For you Reside in My Dreams" (that is adapted from William Butler Yeats' "tread softly, for you tread on my dreams")

help! LOL.

nevermind, i just came up with it, it says it all and its perfect.

I may be half a world away, but to find me, you need not ever look further than your heart.

comments? suggestions?

Edited by ArmyofOne

Well if you're asking a southerner, during hunting season for love advice...and taking into account your situation and all...how does "you'll always be in the crosshairs of my heart!" how's that sound? I've never earned acclaim for my romantic side...except for that diamond ring rock on her hand.

Edited by nc211

Well if you're asking a southerner, during hunting season for love advice...and taking into account your situation and all...how does "you'll always be in the crosshairs of my heart!" sound? I've never earned acclaim for my romantic side...except for that diamond ring rock on her hand.

Army, I am sure you will find it in your heart, This is a very personal subject. If you need a little jumpstart contact a jeweler. They deal with these situations all the time. I never was poetic. I am sure you will decide on whats right.

My personal favorite would be "Baby, don't wear your golf shoes when you walk all over me...."

LOL

I thought this was good:

I did too, but its wayy too much. too soon in our relationship to be talking about eternal love (2 months).

But you're talking about getting married when you get back?

Gotta talk about eternal love before you talk about getting married, JMHO. Of course, I'm not married...

more of a what if at this point. and me coming back is possibly 20 months down the road...bit fo a different scenario ;)

Thats true...

Don't rush into anything though.

I've been living with my fiance for almost 5 years now and I'm in no hurry to get married.

She's another story though :o

Thats true...

Don't rush into anything though.

I've been living with my fiance for almost 5 years now and I'm in no hurry to get married.

She's another story though :o

Totally a moot point now. PM if you wanna know, otherwise i prefer to keep it off the forum.

can we lock this thread please steve? :(