Nakamichi Stereo Problems

I've got a '94 SC400 with the Nakamichi stereo. The left channel

is mostly out with both CD and radio--only low muffled sound

out of the left, but it does the level does increase and decrease

with the volume control. There's also a lot of scratching when

I adjust the volume.

Anyone heard of a problem like this before? Know what it is?

It reminds of the time the volume pot went out in my preamp

at home.

thanks,

-r

• 1 year later...

I'm having this same problem. If you turn down the volume, the left side goes out and the right side gets really loud. Once you get the volume up about halfway it all sounds normal...kinda weird, I was thinking loose connection or something with the volume but is it the amp? Is there anything I can do to fix it or do I have to buy a replacement.

I'm having this same problem.  If you turn down the volume, the left side goes out and the right side gets really loud.  Once you get the volume up about halfway it all sounds normal...kinda weird, I was thinking loose connection or something with the volume but is it the amp?  Is there anything I can do to fix it or do I have to buy a replacement.

I still think it is the amp ;)

Went to clublexus and there's a lot of posts on bad connections in the volume button and a quick sanding will bring the connections like new and then you don't have this problem anymore. If it was the amp, I think it woulnd't be working at all.

• 2 weeks later...

My front left speaker goes out when I hit a bump. If I turn the stereo off and then back on the speaker will be fully functional again until I hit another bump. Sometimes it will flicker on and off. It couldn't be a loose connection because every time I turn it off and on again it starts to work.

PLEASE HELP IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS.

Thanks!

My front left speaker goes out when I hit a bump.  If I turn the stereo off and then back on the speaker will be fully functional again until I hit another bump.  Sometimes it will flicker on and off.  It couldn't be a loose connection because every time I turn it off and on again it starts to work.

PLEASE HELP IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS.

Thanks!

Faulty amp !!!

Would this cause a short in your whole electrical system in your car by chance? Whenever I hit a bump hard sometimes the radio will reset, the radar detector will reset and the ABS light will come on shortly. I think it may be a battery connection problem (adjusted that tonight but don't know if its a complete fix), but wondering if this could have had anything to do with it too?