Ls 430

lorenr

I always have wanted a Lexus 400/430 since they were first introduced in 1989. I finally took the plunge and just got a black 2003 LS 430.

I like to do all the work on my own vehicles myself which, I think may be rare for Lexus owners. None the less I need help.

Could anyone tell me:

1. How or where to get a good shop manual.

2. Where can get small parts such as the plastic clips that hold the under hood rubber gasket that seals the hood to the body.

3. My owners manual says that the transmission capacity hold 1.9 quarts. That makes me a little upset. What gives, I hope these people aren't as goffy as some of the other car companies. I also notice they are pretty serious about using there own ATF. Is that the case?

Thanks All :whistles:

I think u can download the repair manual using this website... but u will have to pay for it

http://www.alldatadiy.com/

http://techinfo.lexus.com/

If u want a hard copy...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-Lexus-...sspagenameZWD1V

I think if u also register wit lexus... they will send u a manual too... but i dont think its the repair manual.

As for using their ATF... if u buy n e thing from Lexus... it's going to b a lot expensive... if u want... u can always go to a Toyota Parts store n pick up the materials needed. For example... they had the thermostat n throttle body gasket i needed for my 92LS that i needed. N even the coolant was 5 dollars cheaper. I'm sure u can use outside ATF if u want... just make sure it's the right type. I'm sure u can get all the gaskets from Toyota too... since Lexus is basically the luxurious version of a Toyota. As a matter of fact... in Japan... they dont even call a Lexus a Lexus... they call them Toyota.... but with different Level.

If u search the forum... for specific operations u need to do on ur car... i'm sure they have someone who did it for ur generation. Some forum posts contain a lot of info n pictures that u can download.

For me... i'm in luck... i use

www.lexls.com

for my car... since the webmaster has a 91LS n i have a 92. I know there is a lot of difference between our generation n urs... but i'm sure the concept should b similiar. Cause i'm a car idiot... so using that website even helped me fix my sisters 93 maxima.

Well good luck.

Tom B)

Edited by kcpth

Here is my recommendation.

Use only the fluids that your manual specifies.

You can get a shop manual from the dealer or you can download it as described before. I personally like the one from the dealer, but to each his own.

The small clips can be purchased at your Lexus or Toyota dealer. Just take one in and show them what you want. They are really pretty cheap.

That capacity listed in your owners manual is for a pan drain and refill. The entire transmission and torque converter holds a lot more, but if you just drain the pan then that is the amount you need to replace. If you want to make sure it is correct you can capture the drained fluid in a pan and then measure it.

Tom