Buying A Car Out Of State. How It Works

I live in NJ, is it possible to have a local Lexus Dealer get a car shipped here that is in a dealer in Florida or Texas for example. Do the dealers work like a sort of network like that or is that impossible. I have been searching autotrader and i have found some good deals in different states. I really don't want to fly anywhere and have to drive the car across country. Thanks in advance.

Yes they do ship cars in from everywhere. Both new & used car dealers do this.

Just have the car shipped. There are a bunch of companies that will wait until they get a full semi truck load of cars, then drive around delivering them to the same general area. That's how we got the F150.

I agree wit Toys... u can do that. But no harm in double checking wit the dealers.

If u do a person to person deal... there r moving truck companies... that do pick up cars... i believe my friend had his Sentra delivered from NYC to California for around $800. I could b wrong on the price though... i dont remember exactly how much.

Just have the Vin ready when u purchase it... so u can go to the insurance agency... to make everything faster.

Edited by kcpth

Ya it was only like $300-400 from Texas to Alabama. That's like an 8-10 hour drive, it's not exactly short.

I just met the guy on an interstate off-ramp where there was like a clearing, he got the truck off while I signed some papers with his woman. I gave it a quick once over & signed off there wasn't any shipping damage.

That was it.