Navigation Fault.

Aykhan

I bought new LX in 2004. It was brand new absolutely. Till today it went only 15,000 km = 8-9,000 miles ( I use it rarely).

Suddenly after 1.5 years Map disappeared from the screen, and "Insert correct disk" appeared on the dispaly.

Nobody never opened DVD-player under passenger seat, I even never knew where it was located.

Those of members who are experienced in such things, can u advise " May it be disk's fault, or it's player's head's fault?"

I'm going to buy new disk from abroad but it is very expensive, and I have no Lexus service in my city.

I bought new LX in 2004. It was brand new absolutely. Till today it went only 15,000 km = 8-9,000 miles ( I use it rarely).

Suddenly after 1.5 years Map disappeared from the screen, and "Insert correct disk" appeared on the dispaly.

Nobody never opened DVD-player under passenger seat, I even never knew where it was located.

Those of members who are experienced in such things, can u advise " May it be disk's fault, or it's player's head's fault?"

I'm going to buy new disk from abroad but it is very expensive, and I have no Lexus service in my city.

if no one ever tried to gain access, then most likely the hard drive shorted, you can gain access to the disk its under the passenger seat and eject it from the hard drive and take a look to see if any scratches are present. if not the disk is ok to reuse but if there are visible scratches then the hard drive and the disk are going to need replacement. since its a o4 the parts should be in warranty if you can locate a lexus dealer around you.

good luck... :cheers:

I have the 2004 LX, also. Purchased new. They did do a DVD map upgrade at no cost but have not had any major problems other than the NAV system still telling me that I have reached my destination when I am still not near being there. My 2002 LX never did this. Hope they get it fixed before the new LX comes out.

the disk under seat right hand seat needs you to fully put seat in maximum front position to get at it. if you car is new you have a 3 year guarantee. jlevine tel aviv israel

the right hand seats needs to be pressed till its as far forward as it will go. Then you will see the disk tray and you need to remove a plastic bit to get at it. then its just like any dvd. so then just clean it!!

jlevine tel aviv israel

Edited by jlevineuk