Changing Headlights

Well the bulbs are easy to take out. Be sure u buy the right bulbs for ur car. If i were you... i wouldn't buy the hyper white brands that you see on ebay, autozone, strauss, etc. There are many selections u can go with. It's been discussed on this forum before. Do a search... n u'll find many answers on what people suggest. I personally bought the Silver Stars for my g/f's ES. On my LS... i have the PIAAs. It's up to u. Everyone will have different opinions on the type of bulb.

As for removing the bulbs... just look behind ur headlight housing.... u'll see 2 plugs i guess u can call them... i'm not sure the right terminology... press down on the clip... unhook it from ur bulb... just turn them and ur bulbs will pop out. Be sure not to get ur finger prints on the bulbs. If u have like a latex glove... i would suggest to wear them just in case u accidentally touched the bulb.

Hope this helps.... if u need further information... let us know.

Edited by kcpth

i have a 98 es300 i wanna buy some hyper white bulbs from this car place i dont know what kind to get and i have no idea how to take them out.. i wanna replace the high beam and low beam. can anyone help me. thanks.

What kind of prices are you willing to spend for new bulbs?

They sell some that sell for ~$20.00 for a pair, but they're not as "bright" as the ones that sell for over $200!!

My brother has a 2001 toyota camry and we put in some 8500K (that's the color of the light) 9006 (that's the size of the bulbs). The color is PERFECT but the "brightness" is a bit low. They're still better than regular stock halogen bulbs though.

Not too sure what the sizes of the es300 bulbs are, i'm sure your manual or someone else here can tell you that ;)

As for the DRL's (high beam bulbs) i would leave them alone. During the day half voltage is sent to them so they're only half bright. I haven't acutally tested them @ 1/2 voltage but i'd imagine that they won't be bright enough to be seen (with the sun being the same color as the xenon).

Just my opinion though.

If i were you, i would get some $20.00 ones and plug and play! Just rotate the bulbs out of the socket, pull off the plug and attach it to the new bulbs. rotate it back into the headlight unit and you're finished! not too sure what the inside of the engine looks like but it shouldn't be too much trouble to find the bulbs.

And depending on what type of bulbs you get (company) the "K" numbers can vary. Depending on what you are looking for (more "bright" is ~6000K and more "white/blue" is ~8000K)

I would reccomend the 8000K since the 8500K on the camry are a bit dim to me. 8000K would be perfect!

good luck and ask if you have any more questions!

not being a pain in the ____; but anything above 4300K is getting dimmer. The best color is around 6000K. Get Philips ULTINON 6000K for the best color out there I feel.

i have a 98 es300 i wanna buy some hyper white bulbs from this car place i dont know what kind to get and i have no idea how to take them out.. i wanna replace the high beam and low beam. can anyone help me. thanks.

Easyto remove. They are H7 bulbs I think for low and high you would have to look online. Also be careful since some of the aftermarket bulbs burn very hot and can melt our harness.

Edited by mburnickas

not being a pain in the ____; but anything above 4300K is getting dimmer. The best color is around 6000K. Get Philips ULTINON 6000K for the best color out there I feel.

Easyto remove. They are H7 bulbs I think for low and high you would have to look online. Also be careful since some of the aftermarket bulbs burn very hot and can melt our harness.

is there anything i can look at? to kind of show me? i dled the fsm for the 97 and i didnt really see anything which part should i look att.. or what do i do can someone explain?