Burned A G35 Coupe Tonight

so as i'm getting on the 101 loop in Az this pearl white G 35 coupe pulls up next to me and revs his engine ...

now i'm a very big fan of the G35 coupe so i got real excited was hoping to race one soon ... so anyway oh yeah i have a 98 GS 400 stock ...

so i honked and we both floored it ... his front bumber must have gotten 4 feet ahead of me when he redlined and had to switch into second gear ... i was still in first ... gotta love the big V8 ...

i blew by him ... when i say blew by him i must have rocked him from side to side ... once we hit 115 mph he couldn't keep up lol @ V6...

needless to say he kept up better then an S 500 that i raced maybe a month ago ...

Shoe

Its all fun until you loose control and kill someone.....i work in the mdical field and see this stuff all the time.

TAGGAR

I am sure you do. But most motor vehicle fatalities are caused in intersection accidents, and not street racing. Racing makes the papers and the news, and housewives misjudging an illegal left turn don't. For the truth about MVA's one has only to go to the insurance company actuarial tables.

so as i'm getting on the 101 loop in Az this pearl white G 35 coupe pulls up next to me and revs his engine ...

now i'm a very big fan of the G35 coupe so i got real excited was hoping to race one soon ... so anyway oh yeah i have a 98 GS 400 stock ...

so i honked and we both floored it ... his front bumber must have gotten 4 feet ahead of me when he redlined and had to switch into second gear ... i was still in first ... gotta love the big V8 ...

i blew by him ... when i say blew by him i must have rocked him from side to side ... once we hit 115 mph he couldn't keep up lol @ V6...

needless to say he kept up better then an S 500 that i raced maybe a month ago ...

Shoe

Nice kill man. My friend just got an 06 350Z..same engine..and I must say, those things are fast, so tops off to you.

Its all fun until you loose control and kill someone.....i work in the mdical field and see this stuff all the time.

TAGGAR

no TAGGAR

you are wrong ... i am a retired police Lt. from the NYPD ...

let me tell you something ... some of the street racers i've come across are some of the best drivers out there ... but

here is the big BUT

out of all car fatalities ... only .7% are caused by illegal street racing ...

so instead of preaching to me you should be talking to any older females in your household because over 68% of all deadly car accidents are the fault of female drivers over the age of 58

atleast these are the statistics for NYC ...

Shoe

P.S. lol you must own a G35 huh

Edited by Shoemaker

a retired cop street racing? cool :)

I do agree on the street racing thing though. Its mostly careless driving at intersections and (not to be sexiest) female drivers. Street racers have some great driving abilities, and generally they are more focused on the roads then anyone else.

I know get speeding tickets for this. but i drive WORSE when im going lets say 65MPH then i am 80MPH.

Beat by a G35? Thats just weak man.

Apples and Oranges, So what, A 8cyl. beats a 6cyl. That is like picking on a kid brother. :lol::lol::lol:

Ahhhh..I thought you were beat by a G35.I agree you should pick on someone your own size.

I am still LMAO that this was even posted. :lol::lol::lol:

a G35/350Z coupe stickshift is about 298HP. Im sure they can beat GS300/400/430.

P.S. Just in case anyone points out "well those are stickshift cars", well, guess what, sport cars were ment to be stickshift.

a G35/350Z coupe stickshift is about 298HP. Im sure they can beat GS300/400/430.

P.S. Just in case anyone points out "well those are stickshift cars", well, guess what, sport cars were ment to be stickshift.

aaaahhhh ... no my friend your absolutly wrong ...

298 hp .... yes ... 8 cyl ... no

300 hp V6

and a

300 hp V8 are not the same thing ... i'm sorry that your on a car forum and don't know something as novice as that.

Do your homework

Shoe

Not necessarily. When they first started making sports cars, all they had was sticks and the only place they knew to put the shifter was on the floor. Many also had wooden frames and little rinkydink flathead 4 cyl engines. And they only had two seats and the spare tire was on the back, etc, etc. So if you want to be s purist ... ... ... ... :D

Not that it matters but you are absolutely wrong.My brother has a G35 and my friend a 350z I spank on them nonstop. :chairshot:

didnt have time posting on the lexus forums but i thought id pull this one back up.

What kind of races are you talking about? Most races are 0-60, Quarter Mile and the Track (where handling counts). V8 at the END will of course overtake a 4-6 cylinder cars. But 0-60, Quarter mile is based on your lowend torque and horsepower. Stickshift have the advantage of a better take off. Theres only one transmission that is better than stickshift which is shift paddlers found in exotic cars. No, lexus IS has crap paddlers. It is nothing compared to the BMW SMG transmission.

Dont get me wrong, Lexus GS400 is a fast car. It was never ment to be a racing car. Lexus knows that, that is why they are entering the racing division (LeMan's i believe?) with their lexus IS350. Yes, that is a V6. They picked it over a V8 GS430 (soon to be 450), i wonder why? BMW M3 is a 6 cylinder car. The new M3 will be a V8 but that is cranking out estimated 455Horse Power.

didnt have time posting on the lexus forums but i thought id pull this one back up.

What kind of races are you talking about? Most races are 0-60, Quarter Mile and the Track (where handling counts). V8 at the END will of course overtake a 4-6 cylinder cars. But 0-60, Quarter mile is based on your lowend torque and horsepower. Stickshift have the advantage of a better take off. Theres only one transmission that is better than stickshift which is shift paddlers found in exotic cars. No, lexus IS has crap paddlers. It is nothing compared to the BMW SMG transmission.

Dont get me wrong, Lexus GS400 is a fast car. It was never ment to be a racing car. Lexus knows that, that is why they are entering the racing division (LeMan's i believe?) with their lexus IS350. Yes, that is a V6. They picked it over a V8 GS430 (soon to be 450), i wonder why? BMW M3 is a 6 cylinder car. The new M3 will be a V8 but that is cranking out estimated 455Horse Power.

So whats your point.The fact of the matter is a 400 is faster than a G35 or 350z wheter it was meant to be a race car or not.

my point is, faster in what sense.

0-60, quarter mile? going to the tracks? Usually after a quarter mile, it makes no difference in when u talk about how fast a car is. Car and Driver lists car's timing based on 0-60, quarter mile. Do you ever see 2mile races? No. Its insignificant. G35/350Z are based on tracks, quarter mile, 0-60, not "hey lets go straight for 2miles and see who wins" and even then, domestic cars win this category (camero, V8 320+hp on SS for all under 30k MSRP when it was still selling at the dealers). Its like saying im bringing my 740iL 4.4L and telling all the I6/V6's my car is the fastest because it is a V8 and judging the car purely on a 2mile run.

Also, a GS400 has a hard time getting modified like the 350Z. For crying out loud, GS400 was designed for people of age 55!!!!!!!!!!

I believe the old GS400 would be estimated at 285 Horsepower if the new criteria was in place for this car since Lexus/Acura as revised their criteria on Horsepower numbers. (apply's for all 2006+ models).

I didnt catch it earlier but yes, stickshift is cheaper then automatic like always because you are designing a transmission without the driver putting the clutch down for switching gears and having a computer-based system switching your gears for you. That part costs $$$. Does that mean automatic is better? No, alot people dont want the car to decide to switch gears for them. Look at BMW's, on 40k cars automatic is still optional as some people hate automatic. When we bought the 740iL for 64k, automatic was optional on a 60k+ car. If automatic was truly better than manual in all aspects, im sure they can offer automatic on a 60k+ car standard. BMW M3's are either manual or smg (which is even more than automatics). Look at the exotic cars, and tell me wat transmission u see there. I was about to buy a IS350 until i found out no stickshift is offered and there shift paddlers are crap, so now im waitign on the BMW 335 to come out in september (hopfully) which should be faster than the IS.

well aija ... i used to instruct the defensive driving course in the NYPD ... 90% of the time when you are on the street ... its not the car you drive but the driver ... a closed track is different ...

i've beaten a S320 in a V4 Camry lol

anyway we are all allowed our own opinion ... thats whats so great about this country

Shoe

my point is, faster in what sense.

0-60, quarter mile? going to the tracks? Usually after a quarter mile, it makes no difference in when u talk about how fast a car is. Car and Driver lists car's timing based on 0-60, quarter mile. Do you ever see 2mile races? No. Its insignificant. G35/350Z are based on tracks, quarter mile, 0-60, not "hey lets go straight for 2miles and see who wins" and even then, domestic cars win this category (camero, V8 320+hp on SS for all under 30k MSRP when it was still selling at the dealers). Its like saying im bringing my 740iL 4.4L and telling all the I6/V6's my car is the fastest because it is a V8 and judging the car purely on a 2mile run.

Also, a GS400 has a hard time getting modified like the 350Z. For crying out loud, GS400 was designed for people of age 55!!!!!!!!!!

I believe the old GS400 would be estimated at 285 Horsepower if the new criteria was in place for this car since Lexus/Acura as revised their criteria on Horsepower numbers. (apply's for all 2006+ models).

I didnt catch it earlier but yes, stickshift is cheaper then automatic like always because you are designing a transmission without the driver putting the clutch down for switching gears and having a computer-based system switching your gears for you. That part costs $$$. Does that mean automatic is better? No, alot people dont want the car to decide to switch gears for them. Look at BMW's, on 40k cars automatic is still optional as some people hate automatic. When we bought the 740iL for 64k, automatic was optional on a 60k+ car. If automatic was truly better than manual in all aspects, im sure they can offer automatic on a 60k+ car standard. BMW M3's are either manual or smg (which is even more than automatics). Look at the exotic cars, and tell me wat transmission u see there. I was about to buy a IS350 until i found out no stickshift is offered and there shift paddlers are crap, so now im waitign on the BMW 335 to come out in september (hopfully) which should be faster than the IS.

R u kidding?Faster0-60faster in the 1/4 and yes harder to mod.

well aija ... i used to instruct the defensive driving course in the NYPD ... 90% of the time when you are on the street ... its not the car you drive but the driver ... a closed track is different ...

i've beaten a S320 in a V4 Camry lol

anyway we are all allowed our own opinion ... thats whats so great about this country

Shoe

No such thing as a V4 Camry???

I am sure it is a typo <_< Explain please l4 no prob ;)