18" Vs 17" Rims

scubawin

When I was looking to buy a new RX-330 I asked the salesman if I could get the AWD, leather, NAV/Mark Levison, etc package with 17" rims and he told me no. Well I resigned myself to the fact that I would end up with 18" rims. The reason I was wanting the 17" rims was I was thinking ahead to when I would have to replace the tires and I figured the 17's would be easier to find and cheaper than the 18's. I was looking last night at my wife's car, I was actually looking for the speed rating on her tires and looked over at mine as a reference, imagine my surprise when I saw that I had 225-65-17 tires, NOT the 235-55-18 that I thought that were on it. I checked the sticker and it had 18" rims on there as a $215 option. My wife is taking it in today for the 1000 mile service and was wondering if I should go for the 18's or the cash back. What are the advantages of the 18's over the 17's?? Anybody???

Thanks Steve, I went for the cash back. On top of the pro's you listed, the 17's were Michelin and the 18's would have been Goodyear. I've had real good luck out of every set of Michelins I've owned and not much experience with Goodyear.

good call

i would have done the same

but that is only because i would have changed the rims anyway

i probably would have complained and tryed to get more out of lexus for the screw up

as it is a pretty big one( i have a friend who does the ordering for toyota canada)

and it really hits the fan when a vehicle comes in with the wrong ordered equipment

plus you could have sold the 18's for more money