Anyone Installed A Combo Xm And Ipod Interface In 06 Gx470?

Gerald Brawley

:geek: I just purchased a new 06 GX 470. Asked the dealer for a price on an xm installed and approx $800 for xm only. Got the previous answer to my xm request from someone who has installed a Toyota Land Cruiser kit for xm. It would seem to me that if you could install both of the interfaces that would use your existing audio screen would be nice. So my question is has anyone done this? How was it accomplished? And my past experiences is the fewer times someone takes the dash pieces apart the fewer rattles etc. I would like to have this done once and be able to play both xm and ipod without a bunch of junk around the dash. Thanks for your reply and ideas Jerry

Just get yourself and ES330 Sirius Reciever (or XM ) and use the ES330 Fit Kit the reciever simply plugs into factory harness and then just run the antenna to the roof. Press AM button twice and you have control for your SAT radio (factory). It will run you around $300

For IPOD you need the Vaistech.com unit so that you can control IPOD from the Nav System another $250

:geek: I just purchased a new 06 GX 470. Asked the dealer for a price on an xm installed and approx $800 for xm only. Got the previous answer to my xm request from someone who has installed a Toyota Land Cruiser kit for xm. It would seem to me that if you could install both of the interfaces that would use your existing audio screen would be nice. So my question is has anyone done this? How was it accomplished? And my past experiences is the fewer times someone takes the dash pieces apart the fewer rattles etc. I would like to have this done once and be able to play both xm and ipod without a bunch of junk around the dash. Thanks for your reply and ideas Jerry

I just got an 06 GX470. At my request, the dealer tried to install an XM kit for the LX470 (PN 86100-0W140) and this did not work. Did you ever get an answer to this question? The dealer tells me there is a w120 and a w100 unit also. HELP...

Make sure he installs the '05 LX kit, NOT the '06 kit.

My dealer installed the '06 kit and it did not work in my GX470 ('05 model).

He pulled it out, and replaced it with an '05 kit - works like a charm.

I'm not the only one who's found this to be the case.

-Adam

-Adam

I'm interested in a Sirius satellite kit for my 06 GX. I wonder if I should get the 05 or 06 LX Sirius Kit?

-Adam

FYI - The '06 Landcruiser kit doesn't work in the '06 GX