I'm A Soon To Be Lexus Owner...need Some Opinions...

Hello all...I'm a soon to be lexus owner and would appreciate it if I could get some assistance from current lexus owners such as yourselves! I'm in debate of getting either a '02 GS300 or 430. For those that are in the know...what would you say the biggest advantage is of the 430 over the 300 (other than the monstrous v8!) Any advice on the maintanence and insurance differences of the two? I live in No. VA. and am probably looking to spend around $23k...ANY help, opinions and info. would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ya'll....

Hello all...I'm a soon to be lexus owner and would appreciate it if I could get some assistance from current lexus owners such as yourselves! I'm in debate of getting either a '02 GS300 or 430. For those that are in the know...what would you say the biggest advantage is of the 430 over the 300 (other than the monstrous v8!) Any advice on the maintanence and insurance differences of the two? I live in No. VA. and am probably looking to spend around $23k...ANY help, opinions and info. would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ya'll....

$23K would get you a gs300, but the gs430 would run you more $$. Gas is a big issue with the v6 and v8.

• 2 weeks later...

Most likely you won't find a 02 430 for that price unless you get one with really high mileage. If you want power right out of the box then get a 2000 GS4 and you'll have money left over for some mods. If you just want nice car with decent power from factory then get the GS3. You can even get a 01 GS3 and save some money for mods. The 01 and 02 are basically the same unless you get a 02 Sport Design. And actually the gas mileage is about the same or better on the 02 430 than the 300 which is weird.

Edited by KANEDL

Most likely you won't find a 02 430 for that price unless you get one with really high mileage. If you want power right out of the box then get a 2000 GS4 and you'll have money left over for some mods. If you just want nice car with decent power from factory then get the GS3. You can even get a 01 GS3 and save some money for mods. The 01 and 02 are basically the same unless you get a 02 Sport Design. And actually the gas mileage is about the same or better on the 02 430 than the 300 which is weird.

My wife and i both owned an 03 and 05 GS430 and they were perfect vehicles! We chose the 430 over the 300 because of power and inside "feel" and luxury. The Gs430 fit us better.

If you have the extra money, deffinetly go with the Gs430, you'll be glad you did!