O2 Sensor Replacement Didnt Work

Bwilliams

I Own a 91 Ls400 with 132,000 miles. It's the best car I've ever had. I've had it for a year now and I bought it with 119k on it. I finally had the check engine light and trac off lights come on. I researched for days and the common answer was the 02 sensors or the catalytic converter. I took out all 4 sensors and the main ones were ok. The sub sensors however didnt read anything so i replaced them with 2 universal sensors. The sensors I used were 4 wire and the sub were only two wire but when I finished everythhing I checked the capacity on the ohm meter and it registered ok. Thinking everything was finally ok I drove off and the stupid lights came on again!!!!!! I don't see how the catalytic converter can cause the cpu to shut off the traction control. I need help!! Any Ideas????? :wacko::wacko:

I Own a 91 Ls400 with 132,000 miles. It's the best car I've ever had. I've had it for a year now and I bought it with 119k on it. I finally had the check engine light and trac off lights come on. I researched for days and the common answer was the 02 sensors or the catalytic converter. I took out all 4 sensors and the main ones were ok. The sub sensors however didnt read anything so i replaced them with 2 universal sensors. The sensors I used were 4 wire and the sub were only two wire but when I finished everythhing I checked the capacity on the ohm meter and it registered ok. Thinking everything was finally ok I drove off and the stupid lights came on again!!!!!! I don't see how the catalytic converter can cause the cpu to shut off the traction control. I need help!! Any Ideas?????:wacko: :wacko:

When it comes to sensors for our cars OEM is the only way to go.You probably thought you were saving some $$$ right? There are some things you don't take to chance and sensors are one of them.

The sub sensors however didnt read anything so i replaced them with 2 universal sensors. The sensors I used were 4 wire and the sub were only two wire

That's probably part of oyur problem.

You must use like for like AFAIK when replacing sensors. 2 wire should be replaced by 2 wire.