No Sound

Yesterday when I went to leave the house, my ML stereo looked like it was operating...I could change channels and load a CD, but the volume reading did not show up on the screen, nor was any sound coming from the speakers. I tried both the volume knob and the control on the stearing wheel....nothing. The navagation voice is working, but the the "beep" you normally hear when pressing the voice command button does not work either. Very strange. My dealer cannot see the car until next Thursday, so I'm hoping someone here will have a quick fix. Need those traffic reports in the Bay area!!

Thanks!!

this happened to me last week also. i hit some buttons on the nav system changing screens and it came back on as suddenly as it stopped.

I've tried different nav screens, trip menu, service menu...nothing. It's like there is an invisable mute button. I'll keep trying, worst case, the dealer will just have to figure it out next week.

this happened to me last week also. i hit some buttons on the nav system changing screens and it came back on as suddenly as it stopped.

I've tried different nav screens, trip menu, service menu...nothing. It's like there is an invisable mute button. I'll keep trying, worst case, the dealer will just have to figure it out next week.

If you are bold enough, you could try going into the service tech's menu. It's the same menu that's used to overide the navigation system's motion lockout. From memory, I believe that there are a few icons on there which are related to the voice command system. There is also an error log, which if you can read bits and bytes might mean something to you. The instructions for getting into this menu can be found at this link:

http://hybridcars.about.com/od/ownership/ss/navigation.htm . Basically, you go to the volume icon (under the nav menu button). When you are in the volume control screen, touch the top left and bottom left corners. Repeat this a second time. You will be presented with the service menu. One of those items says something about voice command.

That's the best I can think of unless your phone is stuck in the on position :rolleyes:

Good luck.

Thanks, but the situation has gone from bad to worse over the weekend. I was out of town the last 2 days so this morning I went to start the car, and nothing...not even a little click of the engine trying to start, no lights on the dash, nothing on the nav screen. I don't know if the sound issue was the start of something else or the cause, but now I don't know if it is safe to have it jumped or just have it towed to the Lexus dealer. Just glad my wife is not working today, so I had her car to get to work almost on time....will be calling Lexus shortly.