Need Body Shop - Rockville, Maryland

rzobob

I recently hit a deer (not fully front on, but clipped it on passenger side). My insurance estimated it at $1300 dollars in damage. I am looking for any recommendations of good body shops in the Rockville, Maryland area. The dealership where I bought the car has one near them, but it is further than I want to go.

Thanks

Rockville Auto Body in Rockville, ask for Ray and tell him Steve Withrow referred you. He'll take good care of you. They're on Taft St off of Gude Dr out in the warehousey section of Derwood. (301) 762-4446

The ONLY bodyshop I've ever seen that has done work I was satisfied with, they do a lot of Lexus vehicles, MBs, BMW, Bentleys etc. Expensive, but very very good work.

I'd be leery of Darcars only because its owned by a dealership chain. Dealership bodyshops always have a steady stream of business, unlike independent shops that must depend on referrals to survive. The guys at Rockville Auto Body do great work and they are VERY detail oriented. They'll show you around their shop and let you see their work, you're welcome to look at my bumper too if you'd like, although its kind of dirty right now because of the weather. They also have a 100% satisfaction rating which they're very proud of.

Rockville Auto Body in Rockville, ask for Ray and tell him Steve Withrow referred you. He'll take good care of you. They're on Taft St off of Gude Dr out in the warehousey section of Derwood. (301) 762-4446

The ONLY bodyshop I've ever seen that has done work I was satisfied with, they do a lot of Lexus vehicles, MBs, BMW, Bentleys etc. Expensive, but very very good work.

I'd be leery of Darcars only because its owned by a dealership chain. Dealership bodyshops always have a steady stream of business, unlike independent shops that must depend on referrals to survive. The guys at Rockville Auto Body do great work and they are VERY detail oriented. They'll show you around their shop and let you see their work, you're welcome to look at my bumper too if you'd like, although its kind of dirty right now because of the weather. They also have a 100% satisfaction rating which they're very proud of.

I will definitely check them out. BTW, I bought my '03 ES300 from Lexus of Silver Spring, which is part of the Darcars chain. I was going to have the work done at the Collision center under the assumption that I would get a loaner from them since I need a 45K maintenance service anyway, but they wouldn't do it. I was sort of *BLEEP*ed about that, although I understand their position - if they did it for me, then they would have to do it for everyone else...oh well. But considering the money already spent with them on the car, plus the service costs, plus the money they would get for the collision work - you think they could swing a loaner for 4 days!!!

Do you know anything about Zamora's Body Shop off of Gude? Anything good, bad, etc.

Again, thanks for the referral - I will check out Rockville Auto Body.

Lexus of Silver Spring is lousy. Their service is cheaper but they do substandard work and their customer service is not superior. You should try Lexus of Rockville. I used Silver Spring until they damaged my car twice (first car dealership that has ever damaged a car of mine, including Ford dealers etc) and were completely unapologetic and tried to weasel out of fixing it. The service manager there, Peter Voelske, was downright rude and I never heard an apology from anyone. I will never again pay Lexus of Silver Spring one dollar of my money.

I was also going to buy my car there, but the salesman ordered the wrong color and blew it. Poorly run place.

Rockville is more expensive but its a much better outfit. If you want to talk to them about service call and ask for Tony, tell him the same person referred you ;)

Lexus of Silver Spring is lousy. Their service is cheaper but they do substandard work and their customer service is not superior. You should try Lexus of Rockville. I used Silver Spring until they damaged my car twice (first car dealership that has ever damaged a car of mine, including Ford dealers etc) and were completely unapologetic and tried to weasel out of fixing it. The service manager there, Peter Voelske, was downright rude and I never heard an apology from anyone. I will never again pay Lexus of Silver Spring one dollar of my money.

I was also going to buy my car there, but the salesman ordered the wrong color and blew it. Poorly run place.

Rockville is more expensive but its a much better outfit. If you want to talk to them about service call and ask for Tony, tell him the same person referred you ;)

I was thinking about ditching Lexus of Silver Spring for service on my car and going with Lexus of Rockville, but sounds like I have a more of reason to do so from reading your post. More convenient location for me as well. Anyway, I'll let you know how Rockville Auto Body goes once I get the work done there. Probably won't get a chance to take it in until after Xmas, but I'll let you know.