Bilstein Struts

godfather18

Smoother!? Never heard of anyone wanting an ES / Camry to ride more like a boat. They out "caddy" the best rides caddy has ever come up with. Monroe's top tier Caddy replacement's are under KYB's ES strut. I really doubt you'd find struts with less rebound that what's in there OEM. I think you're on a near impossible quest. :D

Based on the fact that you've got a '92. I'd say you need replacement springs & struts. You can regard yours, or upgrade to the later ones. All suspension wear out, most tend to need replacing around 10 years I guess.

Smoother!? Never heard of anyone wanting an ES / Camry to ride more like a boat. They out "caddy" the best rides caddy has ever come up with. Monroe's top tier Caddy replacement's are under KYB's ES strut. I really doubt you'd find struts with less rebound that what's in there OEM. I think you're on a near impossible quest.  :D

Based on the fact that you've got a '92. I'd say you need replacement springs & struts. You can regard yours, or upgrade to the later ones. All suspension wear out, most tend to need replacing around 10 years I guess.

So KYB or Tokico what which ones are better? money is no option

Like we talked about - You're most likely pre october '94 - meaning you've got the 92-94 serviceable struts. It's better to convert to 95-96 sealed struts, and have a 100% new strut than it is buy a re-charge kit. Normally cheaper to buy a 95-96 than a new 92-94 strut anyway.

I may be way off on the ES forum but for the LS it seems that many people, in order to save a few dollars, will search high and low for the KYB struts at like $75 a pop when the OEM Lexus strut price is only $53 at every online Lexus parts Dealer. Not sure if any of the ES's struts would be similarly priced as it is for the LS the OEM KYB strut for the LS is a softer ride than the aftermarket GR-2.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright guys, just had the bilsteins put on my car and man what a world of a difference over stock. I feel barely any bumps and the car has no body roll. Also the car sits up more now, but other than that the car rides like a new car. GREAT STRUTS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

• 2 months later...

Alright guys, just had the bilsteins put on my car and man what a world of a difference over stock. I feel barely any bumps and the car has no body roll. Also the car sits up more now, but other than that the car rides like a new car. GREAT STRUTS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Great to hear that you have chosen the bilsteins. Did you change both the front and back struts? Did you compare prices with KYB or Tokico and are the bilsteins more expensive? Where did you order them as I cannot find a site that sells them for my 93 ES300? Thanks.

Great to hear that you have chosen the bilsteins. Did you change both the front and back struts? Did you compare prices with KYB or Tokico and are the bilsteins more expensive? Where did you order them as I cannot find a site that sells them for my 93 ES300? Thanks.

EBAY and they were great before my car was totaled after only having on for 3 weeks