Mark Levinson Without Navigation

I'm considering placing an order for an IS 250 RWD 6 speed manual. The only options I really want are the premium package and the Mark Levinson sound system. Is is possible to order that stereo without the navigation system? The salesman at my dealership gave me a copy of the BOL of 2006 IS models, and it does appear the Mark Levinson sound system is available sepparately, yet I only see it matched with navigation. I don't need the nav system as I have a thorough grasp of the streets in the city I grew up in and have lived in for 28 years. Think it actually takes away from the look of the dash board too, that big LCD monitor in the middle of it.

Hmmmm...... o.k., the only available option package that came up was the premium package, which is fine. But that was it. When I got to the accessories, only 18" wheels, all weather floor mats, and a car cover came up as available.

Does this mean these are the only options I can get in Cleveland? How does this regional stuff work? Can't you just order the car the way you want it and even if you have to wait 3 months you can get what you want?

I know these are all questions I should ask the dealer, but I don't want to waste my time going back and forth before I'm sure that I can get the car the way I want it.

And I am NOT going to buy one of the loaded up IS 350's or 250 AWD's they have on the lot. If I wanted to spend over 40 large on a car, I'd get a Corvette and keep my current car for every day use.

Who have you talked to? My 2002 IS300 originally came from Metro, but I got it used from Classic in Mentor. I think maybe the general manager would be more inclined to know what they can order and maybe more willing than a salesman.

I got the first IS350 in the Huntsivlle, AL area. At that time the only options being shipped in this region was the 18" wheels and preferred opton group. Now the list of options includes more. Each region seems to have it's own distinct list of available options. Lexus doesn't build to order, but the dealer ought to be able to get dibs on a car like you want, and get it whenever it is built. From what I've read, the ML system was very scarce in the beginning, but should become more available after January.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an IS 250 RWD on order with the ML and PT options only -- that's the Mark Levinson alone and the Premium Package. I too didn't want the Nav package. This was ordered from a dealer in the Northeast and should arrive sometime in February.