1jzgt Swap

hey i have a 1995 sc300 5sp...i am taking into serious consideration of the 1jzgt swap and keeping my stock tranny which should hold up to 550hp(which is my goal) i was wondering if anyone knew where i can get the engine/turbo combo and maybe if im lucky the ecu and wiring harness ....help me please!! haha

previous posts suggest a 2jz-gte swap in U.S. Basically there's more support and parts and it's more likely to pass smog if you live in California. There's online websites that are JDM motors. But I don't think I can give you website cuz it's part of the forum terms and conditions.

Bubbles - you can link away unless the administrator of the other site does not want you to. Or you stand to gain personally. Feel free to share.

The 1jz-gte is a great motor. Parts are hard to source. It would be nightmare IMO. But people have them here and there in the states. It will co$t.

whats the benefits of a 2jz over a 1jz...because my friend that does all the work on my car says i should go with a 1jz and just keep my tranny if i dont want ove r550 hp which i dont...

who is your friend? why not just turbo the na 2jz - the motor that is already there. Check the faq for info on the na-t, 2jz-gte and 1jz-gte. And trannies have been shredded at less than 500hp. Are you talking wheel horsies or what?

in the "toyota" supra thers a turbo version of the 2jz called the 2jzgte lexux only uses the 2zjge(non turbo) toyota also uses the same engine for the supra no difference in the non turbos.

• 2 weeks later...
This is showing he has one in stock.

http://www.jdmpartsplus.com

I don't see if he's offering the ECU with the block and Tranny. I don't see anyone offering the JDM 1jz ECU.

By the way, are any of your states heavy emissions testers?

It is a whole front clip...so it comes with ECU, tranny, etc. I am assuming it can be with or without sheet metal, tranny, etc. As with everything it is a question of price.

I just popped in from the supra forums and fell on this thread...

I happen to work at streetimports.com so if anyone needs anything you can email me at sean@streetimports.com or call me at 1-800-839-4536.

If anyone needs a clean 1JZ twin turbo swap complete with auto tranny, full wiring harness and ECU (rare) we have one in stock as of right now.

$1500 + s/h but you have to ask for me (Sean). I'm not commissioned, but I'm the only one that can give you that price!

I was going to put this into one of my own projects but time/money and space are too limited.

Sorry for the plug, but I thought people might be interested.

• 2 weeks later...
hey i have a 1995 sc300 5sp...i am taking into serious consideration of the 1jzgt swap and keeping my stock tranny which should hold up to 550hp(which is my goal) i was wondering if anyone knew where i can get the engine/turbo combo and maybe if im lucky the ecu and wiring harness ....help me please!! haha

Hey.. where do you currently live in? I have the 1jz-gte 1998 vvt-i engine, auto tranny, uncut harness, fat intercooler by toyomoto, ecu, diagram for vvt-i, and a whole mess of other stuff. Since purchased, the engine was never installed. Too time consumming, roughly 3 weeks process and working time only. Anyhow, I'm in san francisco, california, so if you can drop by to make the purchase, that'll be great. It has under 20,000 km, which is way under 20,000 miles in U.S. I'm asking $2400 shipped anywhere within the u.s., and $2200.00 if you can come pick it up. thanks

johnston