**help**problems With Alarm And Headlights!

I had a Viper 791XV alarm/remote starter installed today and here are the negative things about it. The steering wheel goes down when you start the car via remote, not a big deal. Here is the problem, the headlights use to automatically turn off (in the auto mode) when you pushed the locked button on the remote twice or if you only pushed it once they would go off after a couple of minutes. Great feature right? RIGHT, but now that the Viper is installed I no longer have this option :chairshot: . If the headlights are on in the auto position and I turn the car off and the lock the doors with the Viper remote the lights do not turn off. Now I have to manually turn the headlights off by switching them to the off position. Does any one no if there is a way to use the Viper 791XV and still be able to use the headlight option like in the OEM remote?

Does anyone have this or a Viper alarm on their Lexus and have/had this problem?

Thanks if advace for the feedback. :cheers:

I did ask the installer to fix it and the Owner of the company who installed it and they said that they didn’t know how to fix the problem. The owner had an IS that did the same thing with the lights to him. So all they need to do is add a relay with diodes to trick the car into thinking that it is turning off? Is there a site or where can I obtain info on this process? Is it a easy fix or a hard fix. Have you experienced this problem before SKperformance?

Get them to take it out and refund your money and choose you installers more carefully.

They do not do high end cars enough to have the knowlegde needed to perform high end quality installs. Too bad it happens all the time with shops saying they know what they are doing but only knowing enough for basic installs.

All that is needed is the wiring schematic lexus manual to make the functioncs work properly.

Is there some where that I can down load the Lexus wiring schematic manual? This is a problem that I need to get fixed. I don’t really want to tell the installer to remove the devices. Would the diodes fix the steering wheel problem or just the headlight delay?

I have the Phython XP1400 on my GS same company Direct Electronics. I have the same problem and my installer said the same as yours that there is no information available to install it and have the auto headlights work. I have gotten in the habit of only using the remote starter buttons for remote start only. And I use the Lexus buttons for looking the car and unlocking the car when not using the remote starter. They the auto headlight will shut off in the normal time frame or by pressing the lock key twice. The only time my lights will stay on is if I remote start the car when it is dark out and the run time has expired. But this should not be a problem since you will be going to you car anyways.

I have the Phython XP1400 on my GS same company Direct Electronics. I have the same problem and my installer said the same as yours that there is no information available to install it and have the auto headlights work. I have gotten in the habit of only using the remote starter buttons for remote start only. And I use the Lexus buttons for looking the car and unlocking the car when not using the remote starter. They the auto headlight will shut off in the normal time frame or by pressing the lock key twice. The only time my lights will stay on is if I remote start the car when it is dark out and the run time has expired. But this should not be a problem since you will be going to you car anyways.

Faiello, do you have just the remote start or the remote start & security combo? My in the remote start with security. I was told that if I use the lock, unlock feature on the Lexus keypad that it would send mixed signals to the Viper alarm and it would confuse the system. So I took the battery out of the key keypad. So I have to use the Viper remote to lock and unlock the doors. I don’t like spending $500 to have a remote start and security installed and lose some of the nice features of owning a Lexus. :censored:

Someone help me out here. The installer is willing to fix it if he knows what he has to do.

Cal the company that makes the Alarm. Your dealer should have done this. If there is a way to make it work the company that made it will know.

Address : 1 Viper Way, Vista, CA 92081

Phone : 1-800-876-0800, 1-760-598-6200

Fax : 1-760-598-6400

My gs400 has the same problem as you guys. However my buddy installed mines and said he has no idea what happened. So I been using the alarm for the last year, doesn't bother me much. Turn on turn off the lights. Just lost the option to auto shut off the lights. If you guys find out how to fix, please let me know. Thanks

Faiello, do you have just the remote start or the remote start & security combo? My in the remote start with security. I was told that if I use the lock, unlock feature on the Lexus keypad that it would send mixed signals to the Viper alarm and it would confuse the system. So I took the battery out of the key keypad. So I have to use the Viper remote to lock and unlock the doors. I don’t like spending $500 to have a remote start and security installed and lose some of the nice features of owning a Lexus. :censored:

Someone help me out here. The installer is willing to fix it if he knows what he has to do.

Python Remote Start/Keyless Entry System (Python 1400XP)

DEI PYTHON1400XP

• Defroster output (Not hooked up they could not find any info on how)

• Two auxiliary outputs • Includes two 4-button remotes

• Clone-Safe® Code-Hopping®

Just spent 43 minutes on the phone waiting to talk to a live human from DEI. When she picked up she said that she couldnt give a an answer because I was a customer not a retailer. But I did get a tech support email out of her, technicalservice@directed.com

Guess I will try there.

how does the normal cycle turn the lights off when in auto?

You turn off the car and the lights shut off after you open a door correct?

They need to emulate the door being opened.

I have a clifford with remote start ( a high end alarm company that DEI bought a few years ago) . I don't use the headlights in auto as i always drive with them on .

I have a clifford with remote start ( a high end alarm company that DEI bought a few years ago) . I don't use the headlights in auto as i always drive with them on .

When the headlights are in the AUTO position, I never have to turn them on or off. The daytime running lights are always on, when it gets dark enough outside the sensor is tripped and the headlights come on. When I park it at night and turn the car off, the headlights stay on. Once I am out of the car and push the lock button on the factory key remote from Lexus once, the doors will lock, but the headlights are still on. About one minute later the headlights turn off. If I push the lock button twice the doors will lock and the headlights turn off immediately. If I do not lock the doors I think, that the lights will turn off after the delay has expired? Not sure though, I always lock my doors.

When the headlights are in the AUTO position, I never have to turn them on or off. The daytime running lights are always on, when it gets dark enough outside the sensor is tripped and the headlights come on. When I park it at night and turn the car off, the headlights stay on. Once I am out of the car and push the lock button on the factory key remote from Lexus once, the doors will lock, but the headlights are still on. About one minute later the headlights turn off. If I push the lock button twice the doors will lock and the headlights turn off immediately. If I do not lock the doors I think, that the lights will turn off after the delay has expired? Not sure though, I always lock my doors.

That's exactly the way mine work also, GS400

Here was the reply from DEI Tech Support, they did reply back with in 24 hrs though.

After looking at the service manual for your car, it MAY be possible to have this operate CLOSE to normal operation, but the lights that are on during remote start will not change.        - DEI Tech

For the installer:  There is a red/green wire in the driver door at the driver door ECU that should show a ground trigger when the door is opened.  This is the door trigger, so turn off the door error warning chirp on the alarm.  If this wire sees a ground after the remote start shuts down it should turn off the headlights after about a minute.  Likewise, sending a ground pulse to this wire when locking should also start the headlight timer.  This is information gathered by another installer.            - DEI Tech

I forwarded it to the local shop that installed the alarm and I am waiting to here back.

• 3 weeks later...

*************UPDATE***********UPDATE***********UPDATE************

Well no word back from the local shop. I don’t think that they want to help me out with my little problem that I paid them for. But I fixed it. All I had to do was switch the lights from Auto to On and after about 20 seconds the head lights go off. Just like they did with the factory delay. Easy fix. Hope this is some help to those who have this problem too.

Edited by deadmilenko