The Vvt-i Will Works If I Swap The Transmission

Hello

I have GS300 2000, and i want to make it manual transmision, but a few people told me the VVTI will not work if i remove the automatic tranny...is that true?

How can i trick the ECU if i put the manual tranny.?

Also i want to know if exist some performance chip can remove the rev. limiter or ECU upgrade...

Thanks a lot for your advices,

Franco

My advise is look into a Stand Alone Ecu, they are costly but are most effective in any transplant situations, mods, etc.....Also they help bring out the most in the way of peak engine performance and timely transmittion shifts. A very nice performance upgrade in addition to the VVTI. This requires removal of your stock ECU, and wiring up the Stand Alone ECU then programming accordingly.

My advise is look into a Stand Alone Ecu, they are costly but are most effective in any transplant situations, mods, etc.....Also they help bring out the most in the way of peak engine performance and timely transmittion shifts.  A very nice performance upgrade in addition to the VVTI.  This requires removal of your stock ECU, and wiring up the Stand Alone ECU then programming accordingly.

You should have bought a SC with turbo with a getrag tranny. You won't be able to swap the auto tranny.

Swapping to a manual transmission is very costly.... if you are going to sink that much money into doing this mod, then why not spend a little bit more, and spring for an ECU off a Supra or SC?

The ECU that you get is made for the same motor and tranny and year of the car ECU stock swaps do not connect. Stand Alone or a good piggy back are the only choices.

Swapping to a manual transmission is very costly.... if you are going to sink that much money into doing this mod, then why not spend a little bit more, and spring for an ECU off a Supra or SC?

The ECU that you get is made for the same motor and tranny and year of the car ECU stock swaps do not connect. Stand Alone or a good piggy back are the only choices.

Bottom line VVT swaps are not practical. I have not heard of any trying this. Usually you would buy an 98 or newer VVTI Engine and ECU and then transplant, that will give you the stock setup and no problems.