Car Shakes When I Apply Brakes

I have 88K miles on 1994 GS300. All four brakes were replaced with original parts at 62K miles and all four rotors were surfaced too. I bought the car at 66K miles.

Car shakes a lot when I apply brake. I got is balanced it got better for little while. I checked with a person who knows a lot about brake and it seems to brake well.

1. Should I replace rotors or get them surfaced. I believe they have been surfaced at least once or twice before.

2. One mechanic said if I get is surfaced and change the pads shake will be back after few months.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Shahid

2 things could make the rotor warp again so fast

a mechanic who uses an air gun to tighten the nuts

instead of the proper way which is a technition who uses a torque wrench to slowly apply even pressure on the hub

and the second is the way you drive

if you brake to harshly the pads will warp and you will always end up with the same problem unless you change you driving style

yeah, you and he have it right. when you feel vibrations in the steering wheel during braking, then it is going to be warped rotors 95% of the time.

Like mentioned above, either they warped quickly this time because they are getting thin or you may be using the brakes pretty heavily. Sometimes, the type of pad will make a difference as well. (certainly not if you had bought stock stuff.....)

Depending upon their age, thickness, and warpage, they may or MAY NOT be able to be 'turned' again, which means they grind them down to perfectly flat again.

If it were me, and I was going to keep the car awhile,......I'd get new rotors and bypass the surfacing a 2nd time.

i agree i would just get new rotors if they were already grinded down once.its allways a good idea to get new rotors if your keeping the car this way you dont have to worry about them for a good time.