Ever Done Business With Drivewire?

Well I am getting ready to do an oil change on my 2002 ES300. After surfing the net I ran across a discount auto parts place called Drivewire.com out of southern California. They offer oil filters for the 1MZFE engine (1997-2001) for $2.71 each. That sounds like a good price for an OEM oil filter. Has anyone ever purchased anything from them? Are the parts truly Lexus OEM or are they an inexpensive subsitute? Just wanted to get an opinion from others who may have dealt with them. Thanks.

Well I am getting ready to do an oil change on my 2002 ES300.  After surfing the net I ran across a discount auto parts place called Drivewire.com out of southern California.  They offer oil filters for the 1MZFE engine (1997-2001) for $2.71 each.  That sounds like a good price for an OEM oil filter.  Has anyone ever purchased anything from them?  Are the parts truly Lexus OEM or are they an inexpensive subsitute?  Just wanted to get an opinion from others who may have dealt with them.  Thanks.

I havent ordered from them yet myself but plan to they seem to have the best prices I have found plus have just about everything you need. The free shipping after $75.00 don't hurt either.

norcallexus, this is a great site and I have ordered from them however be careful with what your buying. The filter you noted for $2.71 is an OEM replacement and NOT an OEM filter. The one that is actually OEM is the one for $5.05 made by Denso. This is the OEM supplier and it even comes from the same plant in Thailand (don't worry it's a Jap company they just make them there). I have used the OEM alternate without any problems however given that I do oil changes at 10K mile intervals I now only go with original Jap made filters which I get from www.autohausaz.com

I havent ordered from them yet myself but plan to they seem to have the best prices I have found plus have just about everything you need. The free shipping after $75.00 don't hurt either.

How much is the shipping before $75.00? :unsure:

:cheers:

How much is the shipping before $75.00? :unsure:

:cheers:

I really dont know lexus ... $75.00 doesnt seem to hard to hit so i never looked...

Hey thanks to all on the information. I really do appreciate it. alsalih I appreciate your comments. I should have read more carefully what was given on the website that these were replacement filters, NOT OEM filters. I have also checked out the autohausaz.com site. I think I will be more comfortable with a filter that is OEM. I know there can be others for less money, but I have come from the school that you get what you pay for. The Denso filter is what I am looking at now. But thanks again for the input about Drivewire. :cheers:

Hey thanks to all on the information.  I really do appreciate it.  alsalih I appreciate your comments.  I should have read more carefully what was given on the website that these were replacement filters, NOT OEM filters.  I have also checked out the autohausaz.com site.  I think I will be more comfortable with a filter that is OEM.  I know there can be others for less money, but I have come from the school that you get what you pay for.  The Denso filter is what I am looking at now.  But thanks again for the input about Drivewire.  :cheers:

Drivewire has same filter I beleive. Let us now who has best prices.