Vsv Replacement

metaspace

I know that VSV(Vacuum switching valve) is a part of the Exhaust gas recirculation system. My CEL is on and the problem is faulty VSV and EGR modulator. I am planning to replace EGR valve, modulator and VSV. Has anyone ever done that before?. This forum is very useful in getting DIY tips from some brilliant hands on people. Some knowledge sharing in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch

I am pretty sure the VSV is the little blue and red plastic pieces connected to the fuel rail for the injectors return line?

What codes are you getting?

You're right! ;) I had to change the one on my old '94, and it was pretty easy and quick to do. I fought with an excessive flow code for I don't know how long, and then, we finally checked the vsv (it says how to do it in the manual), it was bad, we changed it, and the car didn't run like $hit anymore! The VSV should be around $100.

SK don't know the codes. Took it to the dealer and he did the diagnostic and came up with the conclusion that VSV and vacuum modulator need to be replaced. I want to know if it is just a matter of unscrewing few bolts and replace it with the new part or more involved and tricky than this. Also if someone know what is the best place to buy this online. I ran a quick search and looked at ebay also nothing came up.