1993 Sc300 Exhaust Leak, Stupid Snow.

93 SC300-5-speed: My car just got an exhaust leak that is getting louder by the mile. I was attempting to drive home in the snow with my new 245/35/18 Kumho tires and lost control on every banked corner, the car would just slide down the bank into the ditch (this happened 3 times :censored: ) and I was only doing 5 mph or so. Everytime I got stuck I had to rock the car back and forth and my best guess is that when I was in reverse I snagged a big chunk of snow and slammed my exhaust. The sound is coming from my engine bay, but I haven't taken the heat shield off yet to see if there are any visible cracks. I am trying to figure out if the manifold and pre-cat are 1 piece or seperate, or if there is a possibilty of just a gasket failure. Has anyone ever experienced a problem like this?

I am thinking about switching to Xerd headers but I read that there are some sensors that need to be welded in place of the cats to give the proper reading to ecu, any input on that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks,

Derek

Buy some seafoam from napa and clean the engine.

By using it to clean the carbon it will allow the smoke to exit through any leaks you have to visually see where your leaks are.

I did an ES300 and found it was only the exhaust gasket not the piping that needed to be fixed.