Just Did A Test Drive Of The Is350

I just did a test drive of the IS350 this weekend. Must say that I am very impressed with the car. Very solid and stable feel. Don't have to say that it was f-a-s-t....

I have a few of questions that I hope someone here can answer.

1. Since the test drive I have discovered that the ECT switch effects power. But, can anyone tell me how it does this? What does ECT stand for?

2. Next to the ECT switch was a Trac switch. I haven't been able to determine what this does.

3. What has been your MPG with your car? I am hoping the IS350 can get better mileage than the G35 that I am also considering.

Thanks

I just did a test drive of the IS350 this weekend. Must say that I am very impressed with the car. Very solid and stable feel. Don't have to say that it was f-a-s-t....

I have a few of questions that I hope someone here can answer.

1. Since the test drive I have discovered that the ECT switch effects power. But, can anyone tell me how it does this? What does ECT stand for?

2. Next to the ECT switch was a Trac switch. I haven't been able to determine what this does.

3. What has been your MPG with your car? I am hoping the IS350 can get better mileage than the G35 that I am also considering.

Thanks

When my car had about 1000 miles on it, I got over 27 MPG for two tanks on the interstate. Local driving I got 22.7 on the most recent tank. That's about half city and half mountain road driving.

The answers to your questions and more should be found in the owners manual, on this thread:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=25999

lol my lexus es330 is suppose to give me "21MPG" city and "28MPG" in highway.... in reality, i get 16.5 in city, 22 in Highway....i guess they really did design this car for 55year olds=p im assuming IS also would give lower gas mileage as well. When i drove it, the lag in shifting still exists (hence i think it affects the gas milage)