Timing Belt Change At 130g

Hi, I went to the toyota dealer today and got my timing belt

replaced,also having the water pump and the 2 seals replaced.

total bill $643.50 Now I have two problems, I hope someone else

might have a idea where to start trouble shooting. First is the

brake light will come on for 5 mins at most and then will go off.

seems to do it more when it is cold out. 2nd is, the steering wheel

will rock back and forth like a belt is broke but most of time it dont

move but the car seems a little shakey. Oh theres a third problem

the shocks or mounts seem to clunk when going over speed bumps.

Taking it one problem at a time. :cheers:

try adding a little brake fluid to the reservoir. Even though it may not be low or even near the low mark, the toy/lex level sensor is very sensitive.

the PS belt may need to be adjusted as it may have been removed to facilitate the TB and WP removal and replacement.

can't help you on the struts.

steviej

just out of curiosity, did all three of these problems commence with the return of you car after the TB/WP service?

Hi, I went to the toyota dealer today and got my timing belt

replaced,also having the water pump and the 2 seals replaced.

total bill $643.50  Now I have two problems, I hope someone else 

might have a idea where to start trouble shooting. First is the

brake light will come on for 5 mins at most and then will go off.

seems to do it more when it is cold out. 2nd is, the steering wheel

will rock back and forth like a belt is broke but most of time it dont

move but the car seems a little shakey. Oh theres a third problem

the shocks or mounts seem to clunk when going over speed bumps.

Taking it one problem  at a time.:cheers:

#1 When you had the TB replaced all the belts should have been replaced, If the PS fluid is low or your going to add some Bring the car up to driving temp, take the PS fluid cap off add some fluid and get in the car and turn the wheel to lock one way and hold it there 5 sec or so then turn the other way to lock and hold it there for 5 sec or so put the wheel to center and go check the fluid level and make adjustments put the cap back on and go for a spin, Check fluid, add if needed. The brake light going on is probably your EB, Set and release the Emergency brake a few times and see if that remedies that. Have all four corners checked where you had the previous work done. Good Luck.:cheers:

thanks for response.... I meant the tire belt was the problem i was

thinking was causing a bumpy ride and steering wheel rocking back and forth.The problems were there b-4 the t/b w/p change. now the brake light stays on when cold and goes off after driving 20 mins. I'll try the

E/ brake hope it works thanks :pirate:

try adding a little brake fluid to the reservoir.  Even though it may not be low or even near the low mark, the toy/lex level sensor is very sensitive.

the PS belt may need to be adjusted as it may have been removed to facilitate the TB and WP removal and replacement.

can't help you on the struts.

steviej

just out of curiosity, did all three of these problems commence with the return of you car after the TB/WP service?

the struts ae your upper strut mounts banging around, check them, il bet they are dryrotted. open your hood and look at the strut towers, if the rubber in those is dryrotted, replace them :) otherwise, its your ball joints...these are fairly easy and take about an hour per side if you kwo what you are doing. they should run about $30-$40 a piece from toyota. the camry ones wont work, have to have lexus :) that might be your steerig problem as well. to check the ball joints, look at the rubber around them, if they are swollen, dryrotted or leaking grease they need replaced