Ls400 99 Wheel Locked Bolt Problem

Lexus Itch

Yesterday when I drove down to Tampa, FL. My front tire got flat by a nail. I tried to replaced it with the back-up tire. Guess what? I could not un-tighten the Lock Bolt using the wheel lock bolt, you know what I talk about.

I think about change all the Locked bolts with the regular ones to get rid of the same problem. Any opinions?

Do it, get rid of those things for that exact reason. I only see the need for those locking bolts if you've got custom aftermarket rims that cost a butt-load and you want to protect them from theives "or at least make it harder for them to steel."

agreed no one steals OEM wheels except idiots as they are hard to find buyers for.

Besides insurance will get you new rims and tires if they go bye bye.

Depending on where you are in Tampa, there are many shops that will do it for cheap. However, I would just yank tha one for now, and deal with the rest of the wheels looks when they are COLD, and the car has been sitting for some time, they come off easier that way.