How To Replace Door Speaker?

gyonk

How do I replace the driver's side door speaker?  I have no sound from this door and the dealer says it is a blown speaker but wants $275 to replace it.

Here is a door lock removal .pdf that shows a GS door panel removal, It is probably very close to all models, At least it will get you in the ballpark. Good Luck

Let us know how it works out.

door_locks_gs.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the information. I still have not been able to remove the door panel, however, in the meantime I have noticed that the speakers in this door both work intermittently, so I think the speakers are OK.

Has anyone else had this happen? Any suggestions on where to check wiring or could it possibly be in the radio itself?

Thanks for the information. I still have not been able to remove the door panel, however, in the meantime I have noticed that the speakers in this door both work intermittently, so I think the speakers are OK.

Has anyone else had this happen? Any suggestions on where to check wiring or could it possibly be in the radio itself?

I took the door panel off my '99 when the window support broke. You need to remove the power window/lock assembly. It's fit in with a snap assembly. I didn't know and brok mine taking it out. Now it just lays in there. But, I digress. Once you remove power assembly, you should see another screw for the center panel. I believe that the rest of the perimeter is just snaps.