2005 Daytime Running Lights

ericg

Hello, I had my 2005 RX330 in to the dealer to have the Data Dots installed on my hid lights. My wife picked up the car and now I see that the daytime running lights no longer work. Before I call the dealership, is this right? Does the installation of the Data Dots change the drl's?

Hello, I had my 2005 RX330 in to the dealer to have the Data Dots installed on my hid lights. My wife picked up the car and now I see that the daytime running lights no longer work. Before I call the dealership, is this right? Does the installation of the Data Dots change the drl's?

Can you tell me what Data Dots are and what they do? Never heard of them before.

Im sure your DRl should be working

Can you tell me what Data Dots are and what they do? Never heard of them before.

Im sure your DRl should be working

Data Dots are installed by the dealer for cars in NY and NJ based on the amount of theft of the hid units. I received a notice from Lexus to bring my car in to have these units installed. They are like a micro chip installed on the inside of the light so that the police can trace them if they are found. In addition, the dealer places small stickers on the lights and the windows of the car so that potential thieves can see that the hid's have been indentified and can be traced.

Your dealership must have forgotton to connect back the drl cause I have mine data dots installed and the drl is still working fine.