Dash Lights Dieing?

PackFM

I turned on my car this morning and on my speedometer was half dead, as in only half of it lit up. This has also happened (few weeks ago) to a part of my dash (where it says the temperature). Whats going on ? and how much will it take to fix?

My car:

1994 Lexus ES300, 37k miles.

Man does that suck. I have an ES300 with the same problem. Instead of paying the dealer $800 for replacements. I went to Wal-Mart and bought me some nail polish and painted it white. Its doesn't help much but if you put a layer of enamal on it after it dries, you will be able to see the egde of the needle from the background's light reflection.

Man does that suck. I have an ES300 with the same problem. Instead of paying the dealer $800 for replacements. I went to Wal-Mart and bought me some nail polish and painted it white. Its doesn't help much but if you put a layer of enamal on it after it dries, you will be able to see the egde of the needle from the background's light reflection.

If you guys would have searched you would know this is a common problem with early ES and SC models. Search these forums for all the fix's or go to www.lextech.org and read there.:cheers:

You can always try this attachment.

Fix_for_Lexus_Needles.pdf

• 10 months later...

If you guys would have searched you would know this is a common problem with early ES and SC models. Search these forums for all the fix's or go to www.lextech.org and read there.:cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

I fixed the needle light problem of 94 ES300

Open dashboard clear cover, take out the needle and replace broken LEDs on back side of the needle with 5 red micro LEDs (serial connection) with 1 register (150 ohm). You need soldering. Cover the back of needle with black electric tape. Total cost is 4 dollars. If you have questions please contact me.