Absolute Perfection...

dfkd

when i was on an open trip we did 582 miles on the same tank... and we still had some left over... where the rsx's bmw's 540s s2000's nsx's and supra TTs had to fill up twice. we did it with one full tank. do the math... IIRC the tank capacity is 18 gals on the c5

*BLEEP* i get close to that on one tank of gas on the highway too,took a trip from ny to ga. and didnt have to fill up until halfway into north carolina. you sound like you dont have any appreciation for the ls400 so i wonder why you have 4 of them, am i correct? seems to me that you could have put that ls motor in a long time ago

same gas mileage for all of them really.... when i bought the corvette z06 it was my first ls1... and i thought it was going to be a gas guzzler car... i remeber i did 29mpg the first week when i was doing the break in.. and that was because i wasn't doing steady state... i had to vary as how i want to do it....

Can I say that you're a tool?

For one, the Z06 doesn't come with an LS1. Z06 Vettes have LS6 motors. And yes...I had an 04 Z06.

Two...if you thought it was going to be a gas guzzler, you must not know how to read the sticker on the car. It clearly states something like 18city/28hwy. If you bought them used, then you're an idiot still for not researching the car.

Three...you're talking about getting great gas mileage in cars that have manual transmissions, right? 6th gear on those Camaros and Vettes are the gas gears and, yes...they get great mileage. LS are automatics and they still get great gas mileage on the highway. My 91 gets 25-26. My 98 did 27 round trip LA-Vegas @75-80mph.

To even compare a luxury barge to very low geared manual transmission cars... :chairshot:

You want real world proof/knowledge of these engines? I have no problems with the Lexus motors whatsoever. My Z06 was lemon lawed this past year. Why? Piece of *BLEEP* LS6 motor. That's probably not a fair statement. Piece of *BLEEP* company that assembled the LS6 motor and caused it to fall apart every month. That sound fair to you Mr. LS1 motors are the greatest?

Well I think my signature grants the right to say this. I would much rather pay extra for the gas on my LS, than pay extra for all the nickle and dime repairs that come with a GM product in general. Dad's "former" 2002 envoy was recalled 6 times! Infact, he just traded it in on a Japaneese car, and just got the 7th recall notice. Guy next to my office here at work purchased a new caddy ctx not 4 months ago...that ownership has turned into a complaint filed with the state attorney general. It has always been true that american engines spin lower on the highway than the jap cars. It's the nature of our country "great wide open spaces" to go and roam. My older Maxima, Outback, Sentra-SER and now my Lexus have never punched through 28 mpg on the highway, but outside of this LS "and the oldest car I've ever own....repairs..." Those cars never needed to see the dealership after purchase. Now that 94' Jimmy SLT was a different story. It's really 6 in one, half a dozen in the other if you think about it. True it costs more to run a Jap car in fuel terms than americans, but it cost less to maintain and in my opinion hold together 10X better. But, the seats of an american car are tough to beat! I've never had a more comfortable car than that Jimmy.

when i was on an open trip we did 582 miles on the same tank... and we still had some left over... where the rsx's bmw's 540s s2000's nsx's and supra TTs had to fill up twice. we did it with one full tank. do the math... IIRC the tank capacity is 18 gals on the c5

*BLEEP* i get close to that on one tank of gas on the highway too,took a trip from ny to ga. and didnt have to fill up until halfway into north carolina. you sound like you dont have any appreciation for the ls400 so i wonder why you have 4 of them, am i correct? seems to me that you could have put that ls motor in a long time ago

the ls makes 22 gals.. that alone is 4 gals more of running around.... giving 25 mpg that is 100 more miles.... so you see where my comparison is....

what i hate is that people talk trash about hte american car and no one really has a good basis on why the car is crap... maybe its... because the engineering of the american car IS NOT CRAP! Thing is that they skim to make it more accessible to the masses... yes i could have done it.... it has been done on a bimmer and all the bimmermen like it.

I do have appreciation hence why i like the car... I came on an awesome deal for my 98 and i wasn't going to let it go... i really liked the car... but if i had a disyunctive between the CTS-V and the LS... i would have CHOSEN the CTS-V in a heart beat....

these are great cars... no denying it.. and consumer reports put toyota up top.... but they are way overpriced. at least here.

same gas mileage for all of them really.... when i bought the corvette z06 it was my first ls1... and i thought it was going to be a gas guzzler car... i remeber i did 29mpg the first week when i was doing the break in.. and that was because i wasn't doing steady state... i had to vary as how i want to do it....

For one, the Z06 doesn't come with an LS1. Z06 Vettes have LS6 motors. And yes...I had an 04 Z06.

Two...if you thought it was going to be a gas guzzler, you must not know how to read the sticker on the car. It clearly states something like 18city/28hwy. If you bought them used, then you're an idiot still for not researching the car.

Three...you're talking about getting great gas mileage in cars that have manual transmissions, right? 6th gear on those Camaros and Vettes are the gas gears and, yes...they get great mileage. LS are automatics and they still get great gas mileage on the highway. My 91 gets 25-26. My 98 did 27 round trip LA-Vegas @75-80mph.

To even compare a luxury barge to very low geared manual transmission cars...:chairshot:

You want real world proof/knowledge of these engines? I have no problems with the Lexus motors whatsoever. My Z06 was lemon lawed this past year. Why? Piece of *BLEEP* LS6 motor. That's probably not a fair statement. Piece of *BLEEP* company that assembled the LS6 motor and caused it to fall apart every month. That sound fair to you Mr. LS1 motors are the greatest?

well.... i feel that the ls400 95 (which i bought new) has given me more mechanical problems than what the camaro gave me in its 56k miles stock. sure the lt1 broke.... after adding 200rwhp to a stock engine :D

There is not a perfect car.... nor a perfect humang being...

I like the ls.... and its the ONLY lexus i would buy.... the gs is faster but its a lot less roomy and its definitely noisier and for the difference in performance...hmm.. not worthwhile....

all in all we will be happy if we talk about how great these cars are and not which is better than which... it will open up for more tech talk and a lot less chit eating :D

have fun people :cheers:

Well this thread has gone completely awry!!

Anywho...I still believe in Japanese innovation. Some believe just in attempted and assumed american supremecy. Human differences I guess.

I just know that i would choose careful and expensive refinement over cheap and flashy crap anyday.

The world is busy enough without having to deal with recalls every year and in my opinion, i prefer to spend more now and live in peace rather than spending less now and knowing that something on my car was badly designed and will probably kill a few people...except no one knows what it will be yet. :o

FYI: there has been 4 safety recalls in the whole 16 year history of the LS series and they were for crap like the 3rd brake light.

The CTS has been in production for only 3 years and has already been recalled 4 times for safety concerns... :blink:

But that seems to be the way it goes with domestics. Get it out quick and work out the problems when they show up (generally in the form of a wreck). <_<

Two ways to do everything i guess... :rolleyes:

There sure are a lot of keyboards banging on this one. Having owned most of the cars in this thread and not interested in stoking an engine, but reliability itself. I will leave it for the enthusiast of speed to carry on, although rampantly. This is an LS forum and we like the Nakamichi or Levinson ride down the road in a quite ride like rathert than the roar and heart pounding 150 MPH thrill. Vettes and Camaros are great for that....but that is not what, we as a rule, are all about. We are trying to keep our lives simple and calm, as in the cabin of an "LS", after a hard day or cruising the interstate. Safety, comfort, reliability and heartfelt security are what I enjoy these days. Nothing and I mean "NOTHING" like an LS. (IMHO) Great thread for the enthusiast of speed but if you know your engines, it is all a mute point. God Speed and be careful.

There sure are a lot of keyboards banging on this one. Having owned most of the cars in this thread and not interested in stoking an engine, but reliability itself. I will leave it for the enthusiast of speed to carry on, although rampantly. This is an LS forum and we like the Nakamichi or Levinson ride down the road in a quite ride like rathert than the roar and heart pounding 150 MPH thrill. Vettes and Camaros are great for that....but that is not what, we as a rule, are all about. We are trying to keep our lives simple and calm, as in the cabin of an "LS", after a hard day or cruising the interstate. Safety, comfort, reliability and heartfelt security are what I enjoy these days. Nothing and I mean "NOTHING" like an LS. (IMHO) Great thread for the enthusiast of speed but if you know your engines, it is all a mute point. God Speed and be careful.

Well said bro...this isn't a really sweating bullets forum...

Can I get an Amen! Well said! ;)

"There sure are a lot of keyboards banging on this one. Having owned most of the cars in this thread and not interested in stoking an engine, but reliability itself. I will leave it for the enthusiast of speed to carry on, although rampantly. This is an LS forum and we like the Nakamichi or Levinson ride down the road in a quite ride like rathert than the roar and heart pounding 150 MPH thrill. Vettes and Camaros are great for that....but that is not what, we as a rule, are all about. We are trying to keep our lives simple and calm, as in the cabin of an "LS", after a hard day or cruising the interstate. Safety, comfort, reliability and heartfelt security are what I enjoy these days. Nothing and I mean "NOTHING" like an LS. (IMHO) Great thread for the enthusiast of speed but if you know your engines, it is all a mute point. God Speed and be careful."

every month. That sound fair to you Mr. LS1 motors are the greatest?

While I agree this particular poster is not as versed in these matters as he thinks he is, and that the comparison of a ancient GM Pushrod engine and the LS's V8 is beyond preposterous, you have no right to insult him like you did.

Consider this a warning against your account, rudeness is never tolerated here.

i think i am pretty well versed but if that is your oppinion... its respected.... what i meant it was my first LSx based engine... I tune this engines locally so i know them pretty well... having owned 4 toyota v8s and 4 gm v8s i think i can choose which ones i like the best and i have my reasons for it... if you don't agree with me... perfect... but facts are facts and can be written down.