Mp3 Player

JPB4999

I have a 2005 ES-330. Since I have the Navigation system, I don't have a cassette player, so I can't use the cassette hookup. The device that routes the signal through the stereo is lame at best. Has anyone found another way to modify something on the Lexus so that an MP3 player can be plugged in directly to the car sound system?

i have an alpine deck with an ipod stashed in the glove box, thousands of mp3s, works like a charm.

~a

I have a 2005 ES-330.  Since I have the Navigation system, I don't have a cassette player, so I can't use the cassette hookup.  The device that routes the signal through the stereo is lame at best.  Has anyone found another way to modify something on the Lexus so that an MP3 player can be plugged in directly to the car sound system?

I have a 2005 ES-330.  Since I have the Navigation system, I don't have a cassette player, so I can't use the cassette hookup.  The device that routes the signal through the stereo is lame at best.  Has anyone found another way to modify something on the Lexus so that an MP3 player can be plugged in directly to the car sound system?

There is a company called Digital Lifestyle Outfitters (DLO) that makes an impressive catalog of ipod accessories, such as car hookups.

The TransPod Direct is a niffty little device as it charges the ipod as it is directly connected into your stereo system. You can hook it up either through the tape connector or a auxillary line into the back of your system. The latter of the two will give you better sound quality. Keep in mind if you do use the auxillary input it connects into the port that a cd-changer would go through and would involve removing the stereo and part of the dash to route the cables.

My brother has one of these installed in his car and he loves it. The sound quality is great plus, depending on the system you have, you can control scrolling through tracks with your systems controls so you dont have to screw with the ipods navigation as you drive.

http://www.dlodirect.com/Products/TPDirect...325999263144941

hope this helps.

i have an alpine deck with an ipod stashed in the glove box, thousands of mp3s, works like a charm.

~a

DoubleA, what kind of Alpine system do you have in your 250? Is it one that takes up the whole stock stereo or just the radio part? (if you have the single CD in dash) And how much did it cost you?

Thanks.

~a

DoubleA, what kind of Alpine system do you have in your 250? Is it one that takes up the whole stock stereo or just the radio part? (if you have the single CD in dash) And how much did it cost you?

Thanks.

the deck is an alpine cda-9851, has tilt screen for cd insertion. it's nice, not the fanciest, but has a good display. it's a single din size, the audio install guys fitted a toyota "pocket" beneath it. the ipod adapter is a kca-420i and consists of basically a box, maybe the size of a deck of cards, and cables to the deck and ipod. the adapter charges the ipod, so we just leave it in the glove box.

i think total cost was just south of six bills. but then i also did keyless entry too, so i'm guessing the deck + goodies + install was around $400.

~a