Timing Belt Replacement Costs?

shicks

I have a 98 ES300 with 90k miles. I have been calling around for prices. Lexus dealer $800 Toyota dealer $600. I assume I can use a toyota dealer to service an ES300, since it is basically a camry?

Do these prices sound right to replace timing belt and waterpump and coolant?

Thanks,

Steve

I have a 98 ES300 with 90k miles.  I have been calling around for prices.  Lexus dealer $800  Toyota dealer $600.  I assume I can use a toyota dealer to service an ES300, since it is basically a camry?

Thanks,

Steve

I got a TB, water pump, cam seals, crank seals, new coolant and new drive belts at my local Lexus dealer for around $720 (out the door).

I have a 98 ES300 with 90k miles.  I have been calling around for prices.  Lexus dealer $800  Toyota dealer $600.  I assume I can use a toyota dealer to service an ES300, since it is basically a camry?

Thanks,

Steve

I got a TB, water pump, cam seals, crank seals, new coolant and new drive belts at my local Lexus dealer for around $720 (out the door).

I got my timing belt done for $250.00 from private garage..

should be between $ 450-500.(TB+WP+3 seal)

Hope this helps.

how can you say that? Each region is different, each dealer is different. I checked within a 100 miles radius of my home and I got prices that went from what I paid to over $1,000.

The prices you stated would never happen around here.

So there is no "should be price" since they are way to many things to condsider. Stating a benchmark price for this service is about as bad as stating the weather.

I can say that because That's the price I got from toyota dealer. They had special for TB replacement for $249 +cost of WP+30 minit labor for changing WP and Seal.

But, you are right, every state is differant in prices.

Hope this helps.

Should be between $ 450-500.(TB+WP+3 seal)

Agreed. Should fall in between 300 & 500usd depending on if you're changing the pump (you should be), seals & the two accessory belts ($15-35 each depending on what kind you get).

Lexus overchareges labor & grossly overcharges on both parts. Either find a Toyota dealer to do it, or go to an indy mechanic.

This is one of those times where paying for Lexus has no point to me. It's a fairly quick job to do, so there's not much reason to give you a new Lexus to ride around in. (less they're just slow & want to run up labor charges)

Should be between $ 450-500.(TB+WP+3 seal)

Agreed. Should fall in between 300 & 500usd depending on if you're changing the pump (you should be), seals & the two accessory belts ($15-35 each depending on what kind you get).

Lexus overchareges labor & grossly overcharges on both parts. Either find a Toyota dealer to do it, or go to an indy mechanic.

This is one of those times where paying for Lexus has no point to me. It's a fairly quick job to do, so there's not much reason to give you a new Lexus to ride around in. (less they're just slow & want to run up labor charges)

I agree but even Toyota around here is within 10% of Lexus (not worth my time). My inlaws own garages and there price is cheaper but based on this type of service, thanks but no thanks.

My last TB, WP, seals and belt were like (stated above) out the door. To me, that is a drop in the bucket. Hell, my daycare for my kid is more, mortgage is more, etc. For have a 1998 car and a $700+ service, that is cheap. I do the rest myself. Only paid for service twice on this car at any dealer. The rest is me. (and I must say thanks to you for some! :))

If someone can find it cheaper great. For me, having Lexus stand behind there work is a lot better then using a mom and pop shop that will not stand behind there work. All I need is a high school kid working on my car and something happens like 2 months down the road. the local shop will not have a warenty like Lexus.

Find me a Lexus or Toyota dealer within 1.25 hours from my hours for that price, not gonna do it. Hell, I have tried and that is impossible. I have been luck with the lottery. Most dealers [Toyota or Lexus] would laugh at you for that price. I know, I tried. Go out by Boston or on the Cape, it will be worse.