90,000 Service Complete

Ok decided to go to Lexus dealer for service. this is what was done.

1. Timing belt replaced

2. water pump replaced

3. serpentine belt replaced

4. Transmission flushed,filter replaced, new fluid

5. Rear differential flushed, new fluid

6. cooling system flushed, new coolant

7. Brake lines bled, new fluid

8. Brakes checked, advised both at 80%

9. Tires tread depth checked,and rotated

10. Replaced wiper blades

11. checked plugs,advised still in great shape, replace at 120,000 mi. service

12. advised pulleys, seals ok no excess wear or signs of leakage

13.Received complimentary set of all weather floormats(this is what made me wonder if I got hosed)

14. free loaner car(05, RX300)

Total bill 1228.17 I hope this wasn't too out of line. at least I have peace of mind knowing someone familiar with my car did the service.

That pricing seems pretty reasonable <_<

I forgot to include they also replaced the engine air filter and the ac filter.the best part is that since I'm not the original owner I got to see the maintenance history for the vehicle. it was well cared for according to the service rep.

I forgot to include they also replaced the engine air filter and the ac filter.the best part is that since I'm not the original owner I got to see the maintenance history for the vehicle. it was well cared for according to the service rep.

Mention the dealer, That sounds like a pretty good deal. :cheers:

Mention the dealer, That sounds like a pretty good deal.:cheers:

Germain Lexus

Good info....I'm coming up on my 90k soon.  I'm the second owner so I'd like to see the maintenance records.  Must be nice to know your car was serviced on a regular basis.

Yea, I thought that was a good part of having the service done at the dealer. it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling knowing your vehicle was maintained resonably well.

Good info....I'm coming up on my 90k soon.  I'm the second owner so I'd like to see the maintenance records.   Must be nice to know your car was serviced on a regular basis.

Yea, I thought that was a good part of having the service done at the dealer. it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling knowing your vehicle was maintained resonably well.

I just bought a used GS400 with 84,000 and had all the things you mentioned done including ballancing and rotating the tires and tightening up a few things making noise before I bought the car. I got new platinum spark plugs in addition. They did it in a day so no loaner car and no free floor mats.

But it cost me $380.

It was done by some nice mexican men at a shop, no latte, no flat screen tv, no free donuts, but hey I can visit the Lexus dealership and steal all that stuff anyday. :ph34r: