2006 Lx470 Gx470 Or 2007?

netnut

I looked for one and a half years for my next ride.I had finally decided on a VW Touareg until VW dropped OnStar.I read on one of the car sites where they compared the LX470 to all the other heavy hitters of luxury SUV's.Because of what they said, here I am.What I had been looking for was a vehicle with OnStar or something comparable(Lexus Link) the most plush seats and the smoothest ride.I won't be rock crawlin or mud boggin.I hear tell the 2007 will be based on the Sequoia platform.Doubt if I want to deal with something that long.But if it has lots of elctronic goodness like smart cruise control etc. I might jump.If you LUV your Lexus SUV,Pleeease extol it's virtues.I havn't been to a dealership yet. THANKS for all replies.

if u dont wanna spend too much...then u can move a step down to the GX from the LX...its almost 10 grand less (dependind on options)

I've used every criteria to pick my vehicle and now the Lexus is at the top of my list.I'm waiting to hear if anyone can tell me what they like about their Lexus LX450.

First of all -- and don't take this the wrong way -- you need to be more clear on the models you're looking at.

The LX 450 does not, nor did it ever have OnStar or anything resembling it. Its last production year was 1997.

The current Lexus LX model is the LX 470.

The smaller Lexus SUV is the GX 470.

The LX 470 is based on the Toyota Land Cruiser 100 series.

The GX 470 is based on the (IIRC) Toyota Land Cruiser 120 series (Prado).

Are you looking at the LX 450 or the LX 470?

First of all -- and don't take this the wrong way -- you need to be more clear on the models you're looking at.

The LX 450 does not, nor did it ever have OnStar or anything resembling it.  Its last production year was 1997.

The current Lexus LX model is the LX 470.

The smaller Lexus SUV is the GX 470.

The LX 470 is based on the Toyota Land Cruiser 100 series.

The GX 470 is based on the (IIRC) Toyota Land Cruiser 120 series (Prado).

Are you looking at the LX 450 or the LX 470?

I meant the LX470.I'm considering the GX470 too.I'm wanting to find out which 2006 vehicle anyone thinks has the most comfortable seats and smoothest ride.

I meant the LX470.I'm considering the GX470 too.I'm wanting to find out which 2006 vehicle anyone thinks has the most comfortable seats and smoothest ride.

Everyone's butt is going to be a little different.

Some are going to prefer one over the other...you might disagree. Take them both for a test drive.

Personally, I prefer the LX 470 to the GX 470, but then...there's the price difference. I think the LX 470 is a superior product; it's been in existence longer -- much more time to iron out any bugs that might've popped up along the way. But again...this is just my opinion...some might agree, some might not.

Some are going to prefer one over the other...you might disagree. Take them both for a test drive.

Personally, I prefer the LX 470 to the GX 470, but then...there's the price difference. I think the LX 470 is a superior product; it's been in existence longer -- much more time to iron out any bugs that might've popped up along the way. But again...this is just my opinion...some might agree, some might not.

dj2, your answer is what i've been looking for.An opine on these vehicles.I will have to have to visit a dealership and try the vehiculars out.But as I am just now researching them I wanted some opinions from owners,THANX

dj2, your answer is what i've been looking for.An opine on these vehicles.I will have to have to visit a dealership and try the vehiculars out.But as I am just now researching them I wanted some opinions from owners,THANX

I am on my 3rd LX470 and can not see me buying anything different. I only await the "Newest" 2007 of which the dealer says I will ge the 2nd one delivered cause the owner thinks he is special. The LX470 ride is about as nice as it gets. I would not mind a little more power and I hear that is on the way.

Gregge, I'm waiting to see the 2007 LX470 too. I hear that the 2006 will stop production in July,maybe it's the same month for all vehicles.I'll have plenty of window to choose between the two.Hope it's not gonna be as long as a Sequoia.Hope they added smart cruise control.

Gregge, I'm waiting to see the 2007 LX470 too. I hear that the 2006 will stop production in July,maybe it's the same month for all vehicles.I'll have plenty of window to choose between the two.Hope it's not gonna be as long as a Sequoia.Hope they added smart cruise control.

Heck I will be happy if the NavSystem has Sat. Radio. Love to have more horses and a Bluetooth system that worked with my Blackberry! :wacko:

Heck I will be happy if the NavSystem has Sat. Radio. Love to have more horses and a Bluetooth system that worked with my Blackberry! :wacko:

Greg, For 2006 you can get Sirius or XM.Are you talking about something different? Some of the reviews said it was difficult to get in and out of the 2006.How about you.

i have a new 06 because my 99 got smashed and was unhappy with the repair as for comfy seats these are not that good just got back from virginia beach and my !Removed! was hurtin anyway the 4wd was great did some minor beach stuff did not want to get in to the soft stuff b/c i did not want to air down b/c i had no way of airing back up (no gear yet in truck) i had my 99 for 5 years and it was great i miss her alot i think the seats just have to get broken in (i hope) i driv from jersey to florida 1 or 2 x's per year and not looking forward to my but hurtin again. i did not do that much research but i do know that these trucks do not have all the items you can get like an ls or even a gs and is now a days. they may change that in the new 07 but you may not get the reliability this design

i have a new 06 because my 99 got smashed and was unhappy with the repair  as for comfy seats these are not that good just got back from virginia beach and my !Removed! was hurtin anyway the 4wd was great did some minor beach stuff did not want to get in to the soft stuff b/c i did not want to air down b/c i had no way of airing back up (no gear yet in truck) i had my 99 for 5 years and it was great i miss her alot i think the seats just have to get broken in (i hope) i driv from jersey to florida 1 or 2 x's per year and not looking forward to my but hurtin again. i did not do that much research but i do know that these trucks do not have all the items you can get like an ls or even a gs and is now a days. they may change that in the new 07 but you may not get the reliability this design

r3run33, ls ? gs ?

I looked for one and a half years for my next ride.I had finally decided on a VW Touareg until VW dropped OnStar.I read on one of the car sites where they compared the LX470 to all the other heavy hitters of luxury SUV's.Because of what they said, here I am.What I had been looking for was a vehicle with OnStar or something comparable(Lexus Link) the most plush seats and the smoothest ride.I won't be rock crawlin or mud boggin.I hear tell the 2007 will be based on the Sequoia platform.Doubt if I want to deal with something that long.But if it has lots of elctronic goodness like smart cruise control etc. I might jump.If you LUV your Lexus SUV,Pleeease extol it's virtues.I havn't been to a dealership yet. THANKS for all replies.

From what I understand Lexus has dropped their Lexus Link "until the system is all digital and then they will reintroduce" per my dealer.