Ecu Resistor Chip Claims +20hp

I've never tried it. It'd be nice if it works, but I don't think it will give you 20 hp increase. The chip might give 20 hp on a v12 engine. But seriously, if the chip did give 20hp increase for $25 that would be the most cost effective mod out there. It'll top out a turbo for value. Even if the chip works like the piggybacks you're only gonna get maybe 2 hp increase. What it is supposed to do is alter the air/fuel ratio so you get more power at the cost of fuel economy. But then again that's only if it does work.

If you read the FAQ on the action page it says

"What is this Device?

IT is a resistor chip that gives out a constant reading of air temperature to your ECU."

I'm guessing this device will alter the signal to the ecu telling it that the air is cooler than what it actually so the engine will inject more fuel into the combustion chamer. This is because when air is cooler it is more dense and would contain more air (so most likely more oxygen). To compensate for all that extra oxygen more fuel is needed to prevent too lean of a mixture.

So basically this chip is supposed to make your car use more gas for that extra hp increase.

In my opinion I wouldn't buy it. :blink:

Then again, I'm not a boy genius. Maybe you should email the seller and see how it works and stuff. And see if you can uninstall the device if you don't like it.

15-20hp from the ECU chip sounds about right, but for an actual ECu chip you're definitely paying $1200. Toyota hasn't released any chip specifications on the Supra or any other toyota. I don't think so.