All Spare Parts Available?

W201 sweden

Hello everyone! (I'm new...)

Before I go ahead and give myself the pleasure of owning a second hand LS 400, I have a general Lexus question:

Can you get ALL spare parts for these cars, or do the cars get "to old".

Is Lexus a company that consider their product worth keeping, even after 15 years?

I've heard the opposite regarding Toyota. After 10 years, your car is going into the twilight zone - where parts MAY be available, or not...

All replys will be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Alexander from Sweden

I find you can get any part back to the 80's with ease.

The LS 400 is easiest as so many parts are interchangable and they rarely break so many parts are still at the dealers.

What was the first year that Lexus automobiles were manufactured and sold in the USA or Canada?

Hello everyone! (I'm new...)

I've heard the opposite regarding Toyota. After 10 years, your car is going into the twilight zone - where parts MAY be available, or not...

All replys will be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Alexander from Sweden

Toyota parts from the 80's is what i am refering to

I find you can get any part back to the 80's with ease.

The LS 400 is easiest as so many parts are interchangable and they rarely break so many parts are still at the dealers.

What was the first year that Lexus automobiles were manufactured and sold in the USA or Canada?

Lexus first sold in 89

Thanks for the replies!

SKperformance said:

so many parts are still at the dealers

OK, but that is exactly my point! "...still..."

The old VW beetle, -60:s Ford Cortina, the MINI, really old Mercedes Benzes etc.

can all be built from scratch using all new parts. :D

It is not just left over parts since old times (a supply that will end some day).

If you have a newer standard car, and for instance a dog bites a hole in back door panel, it may not be possible to replace!

If anyone has more information, please share! :rolleyes:

In the USA auto manufacturers are only required by law to manufacture specialty body replacement parts for about 7 years. I don't know if this limitation is the same in Europe. Since this is the case, if your dog bites a hole in your door panel and replacement parts are not available, then you might have to fabricate this or other parts yourself......or go to a place that'll custom make these parts. Also, certain parts can be bought used at an auto wrecker or over the internet.

Parts for the engine, braking , and suspension should be available from 'after market' parts manufacturers for a much longer time.....depending upon the need for these parts.