How Do You Change A Headlight Bulb In A 2000 Gs300

This is ridiculous guys. I can't get the freakin bulb out. The bulb will turn about 45 degrees, but one of the "ears" won't line up with the opening and I can't get the bulb out. What in the world and I missing here? The book says to go to a dealer and there is no way in hell I'm going to a dealer to get a bulb replaced. What am I missing?

Also, does anybody have the Sylvania XtraVision bulbs? I'd like to replace both low beams with these, but I'm concerned because their website states something about them being a higher wattage bulb. Higher wattage=burned up wiring harness. I don't want to go with the SilverStars because she won't let me replace all of them. I'm not gonna have 2 SilverStars and the rest of them dingy yellow. Any experience with the XtraVisions? Thanks guys.

Matt

This is ridiculous guys.  I can't get the freakin bulb out.  The bulb will turn about 45 degrees, but one of the "ears" won't line up with the opening and I can't get the bulb out.  What in the world and I missing here?  The book says to go to a dealer and there is no way in hell I'm going to a dealer to get a bulb replaced.  What am I missing?

Also, does anybody have the Sylvania XtraVision bulbs?  I'd like to replace both low beams with these, but I'm concerned because their website states something about them being a higher wattage bulb.  Higher wattage=burned up wiring harness.  I don't want to go with the SilverStars because she won't let me replace all of them.  I'm not gonna have 2 SilverStars and the rest of them dingy yellow.  Any experience with the XtraVisions?  Thanks guys.

Matt

Take your time and make sure the socket is being pulled strait out [ not even a slight angle ] it will pull out. Just get the silverstars, she'll appreciate them as much as you. ;)

Not sure I follow you. What do you mean by the socket? Seems to me that the bulb just turns and should pull out, but it doesn't. Like I said, one of the "ears" on the bulb doesn't line up with the opening and it's preventing it from coming out.

Is there another component that turns other than the bulb?

Not sure I follow you.  What do you mean by the socket?  Seems to me that the bulb just turns and should pull out, but it doesn't.  Like I said, one of the "ears" on the bulb doesn't line up with the opening and it's preventing it from coming out. 

Is there another component that turns other than the bulb?

The bulb clips into the socket, The socket turns into the headlight housing.Try turning it real slow while lightly pulling the socket has to be pulled straight out not on any angle at all. I can change all 4 bulbs up front in 2 min. easy.

If one of the ears only partially lines up then you need to keep turning the bulb until they all do (another 45 degress or more). I've used the Sylvannia Xtravision and although it has a very slightly brighter bulb it will not burn or damage your socket. Go with the silverstars they are worth it.

I'm really not following you man. I don't understand what you mean by the socket. What I see is a black ring with about three or four screws in it. By the way it looks, the bulb should just rotate and then pull straight out, but it doesn't. It seems as though the bulb will only rotate about 45 degrees, which won't allow it to pull out. Two of the three "ears" I'm referring to are lined up on the openings but one is not. That one "ear" is keeping the bulb from coming out. It's like it's getting hung on something.

I don't see anything else in there that will rotate and I don't understand what you mean by the socket. If you could take a pic tomorrow (or I can post one after work) I'd greatly appreciate it.

Matt

Nevermind....Ignore that request.  I got it to come out.  Just like I thought it should come out only I had to use a flathead screwdriver to pry it over a little more to get all three ears on the bulb to line up.  Thanks.

Matt

:cheers: