Dash Lights Dim Excessively

91L3xus

I just started noticing that whenever I: turn on my turn signal, my dash lights (speedometer, tach, gear selection light) will dim, as well as the backlighting of the other gauges. The radio and HVAC and clock is fine, but the other lights dim and it's very annoying. I know this is a 14 year old car, but I'm hoping there's some way to fix it.

Also, when I am in Park and turn my lights on, the engine revs drop. When I turn them off, the revs go back up. What's the deal with that?

And I've started to notice a metallic burb when I accelerate at slow speeds and let off the gas peda. From what I've searched, it could be transmission mounts or motor mounts. :blink:

It is not your mounts.

You have a slight electrical problem that needs to be diagnoised.

Go to one of the parts store that do free alternator and battery testing.

You could have a loose belt ( squeels) , bad battery ( hard to start) , bad ground wires and battery terminals (most likely and cheapest to replace , try tightening them first) or the alternator is going.

hi 91lexus I would venture to say on the metallic barb when accelarating and letting go of the gas pedal at slow speeds it is probably your mounts. I say this after having the same problem atleast on the metallic barbing part. check your front mounts, then your rear usually the rear is the culprit, then then dogbone strut. I am not disagreeing with sk's answer but after replacing the mounts on my 92'es 300 it run like new. For a car as old as yours and mine motor mounts do tend to wear out at that age.