A Good Mechanic

waf102

I have a 1990 ls-400.

Currently I live in State College, PA (Central PA). I have asked around trying to find a garage/mechanic that knows what he/she/it is doing...and is honest.

Sadly, in line with most business in this area, the opinion I encounter is that there are no good/honest mechanics in this area.

I am from western pa, but I hope that I can elicit some response with this post and get some recommendations for places/people I can trust in the central PA area.

Thanks for any input B)

-Bill

P.S. Any input from Lexus owners in the State College area is appreciated.

sometimes people working in parts depts. at the lexus dealers will take pity and tell you of a few indie mechanics in your area that are factory trained. some won't tell you a thing either. just depends. took me forever...a LOT of phone calls before i found someone i felt was honest and reliable. i did google searches, posted here, called dealers ALL over the area and tried to finesse my question to get an answer, looked at 'best of' in local magazines (for names of auto shops and then followed up with those listed). in the end, it was all by chance. someone at a dealership knew of someone else ... i also got one good referral off this board (in response to a post i put up, like you). so keep going. patience and persistence are key. in the end, it's worth the effort.

I have a 1990 ls-400.

Currently I live in State College, PA (Central PA). I have asked around trying to find a garage/mechanic that knows what he/she/it is doing...and is honest.

Sadly, in line with most business in this area, the opinion I encounter is that there are no good/honest mechanics in this area.

I am from western pa, but I hope that I can elicit some response with this post and get some recommendations for places/people I can trust in the central PA area.

Thanks for any input  B)

-Bill

P.S. Any input from Lexus owners in the State College area is appreciated.