Time To Buy Another Ls

akewlguy

So today my wife wants a nicer car so she is talking about Jag's to Audi's. So I say well what about the LS. She is like to expensive to repair and expensive gas. I explained that my car has cost me nothing after 6 months of ownership and if one buy $150 gas a month they would spend $20 more for a premium.

So I really hope she comes around and we buy another LS400. It would be really kewl to have two of them! I might throw in $5,000 to help her decison!

If she pays for repairs and gasoline herself, tell her to buy a Jag. Then stand back and watch.

Of course I don't know if you were asking a question or not.

Maybe you are just telling us stuff again.

If she's concerned about repairs....well...she's looking at the wrong country(s) for automobiles in general. Jag's are nice...NIGHTMARES in terms of reliability. Brother's got a 94 with 38k original miles...electical cluster******. Father in law to be has 01' S-type with 40k miles...battery always dead, steering problems and a cruise-control with a mind of it's own. Audi? Heck, you'd be better of buying a used Landrover with 200k off-road miles.

The answer to the problem is.....

Sounds like she may be jealous of your LS "Affliction" and is looking for attention. Take her on a vacation in the LS and "put the petal to the metal". In other words ,Kewl, give her some :censored: polishing and affection, If you know what I mean. This will work and save you lots of $$Bucks$$. Attorneys are expensive. :chairshot: Warning signs. Seriously, she needs your attention and this forum is not meant for relationship management. Ask yourself in the mirror.. no, that won't work, we know you too well. I would assume she is a serious looking gal and is looking for some serious affection. That will solve your problem. IMHO. She will forget the Jags and Audi's.

Wow.. Raf.. I was just posting this link to state "my wife and I love the LS so were thinking about getting another."

Thank you for your deep insight. Its nice to know you care so much about fellow Lexusownerclub members. God bless your life and relationships also..

As for the maintenance we all know the LS is amazing!

I suspected if we have more posts then the ES we would move ahead of them on the main board?

No problem man.. Sometimes I just write how happy we are with the LS. Previously we were college students with a Ford Taurus and Ford Contour, so its easy to see why were so excited about life & the LS.

When I say Jag or Audi we were looking at older models. As you all know old Audi's and Jags have long term maintenance issues. On the other hand people look at our LS's and think that car costs a ton and even more to maintain, but we all know different.

Thanks for all your feedback.

Just let her drive it Kewl! She will see the merits of the LS. Bought my wife a new avalon in April and she is already looking for reasons to borrow the Lex. (Her Avalon is an incredible car too, but she likes the LS already--which I am glad for.)

Hi All,

I had a similar dilemma a few months ago..Jaguars have this allure about them. They are undeniably beautiful looking cars..But all those good looks come at a serious price. I ended up getting another LS430, because of all the reliability issues of the foreign marques.

LS cars will require fewer maintenance and are one of the few cars in the High end class not to get hit with the gas guzzler tax. Also it will hold its value better than any other car. If you treat an LS right, it will treat you right pure and simple. I've had my 1992 from new and it has been the best car I've ever owned, even better than my 3 other LS cars I've owned since then.

If that's not enough to convince her, then take her to dealer and show her the level of customer service that a Lexus owner gets.

Hope this helps,

Sam

So today my wife wants a nicer car so she is talking about Jag's to Audi's. So I say well what about the LS. She is like to expensive to repair and expensive gas. I explained that my car has cost me nothing after 6 months of ownership and if one buy $150 gas a month they would spend $20 more for a premium.

So I really hope she comes around and we buy another LS400. It would be really kewl to have two of them! I might throw in $5,000 to help her decison!