Sc430 Tires

maureen

MY 2002 SC430 HAS THE FACTORY BRIDGESTONE POTENZA TIRES. ANY UNEVEN ROAD SURFACE TRIES TO TURN THE TIRES. DEALERSHIP TOLD ME THIS WAS A FRONT END ALIGNMENT PROBLEM. BUT AFTER THE FRONT END WAS ALIGNED, THE PROBLEM IS ONLY SLIGHTLY BETTER. IS THIS AN INHERENT PROBLEM WITH THE POTENZAS? WHAT TIRE WILL PROVIDE THE BEST ROAD HANDLING PERFORMANCE SO I CAN ENJOY DRIVING MY FUN CAR?

well the fact that the road tries to tun your wheel means that your tire is doing its job and are good! low profile tires have stiff sidewalls and provide feedback, the higher performance the tire this will happen (in most tires) and grip is also very good but if you dont like this as much get a lower performance tire, where the sidewall is softer and most likely there is less grip.

MY 2002 SC430 HAS THE FACTORY BRIDGESTONE POTENZA TIRES.  ANY UNEVEN ROAD SURFACE TRIES TO TURN THE TIRES.  DEALERSHIP TOLD ME THIS WAS A FRONT END ALIGNMENT PROBLEM.  BUT AFTER THE FRONT END WAS ALIGNED, THE PROBLEM IS ONLY SLIGHTLY BETTER.  IS THIS AN INHERENT PROBLEM WITH THE POTENZAS?  WHAT TIRE WILL PROVIDE THE BEST ROAD HANDLING PERFORMANCE SO I CAN ENJOY DRIVING MY FUN CAR?

I'VE BEEN USING NITTO NT555'S ON MY COUPE FOR MANY YEARS AND I LOVE THEM. GREAT FEEDBACK, DRY AND WET WEATHER TRACTION. I USE 245/40/18 ON FRONT AND 265/35/18 ON BACK.

it's normal for this car to turn slightly when hitting a pothole.  my complaint with the car is the LACK of feedback during hard cornering and slow steering reflex. i wish there is a way i can improve that.

THE FRONT END AS BEEN ALIGNED--IT HELPED, BUT DID'T ELIMINATE THE PROBLEM.