Verizon Wireless Gets Theirs...

SW03ES

As we've discussed over the last year or so, I've lost all respect for Verizon Wireless because of their dispicable crippling of the V710 Motorola phone's Bluetooth file transfer protocols (what gives us so much trouble with the Lexus Bluetooth system) without telling consumers first.

I also told you about a class action lawsuit going on and Verizon being sued by Toyota, Honda, and BMW for misrepresenting the phone's Bluetooth capabilities.

Well, we won and Verizon lost. Verizon must refund everyone who purchased a V710 who would have purchased another phone with full Bluetooth support their full purchase price. Hopefully it'll teach them a lesson...

Well Verizon settled which is a partial win. I would have preferred the judge to rule that they had to fully support Bluetooth but that would be wishful thinking.

<<<

The settlement offers either a $25 credit for customers that wish to continue their Verizon service, or the ability to return the V710 and any purchased accessories for a full refund so that a new phone can be purchased. If the class member does not wish to continue Verizon service, they can return the phone and accessories for a full refund and break their contract without a cancellation fee. Persons that already canceled their Verizon service are entitled to recoup their cancellation fee.

>>>

• 2 weeks later...