Need To Open My Driver Door Locks Are Screwed

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

I got the same problem this morning. I open the driver side door, start the car, went back into my house, came back and couldn't get the driver side door open. I went to the passenger side, open the door, reached over to the driver side and was able to open the door from the inside. I tried looking for some sort of safey lock or something around the door and can't find anything. When I got to work, i test it out and same thing. All I have to do is close the door (don't even have to lock it) and I can't open it from the driver side from the outside. I have to go from the passenger side and reach over to the driver and open the door that way. Does the above fix really works?

Thanks,

Moonysc400

Can someone give me some instruction on how to get the driver side door panel off? I removed all visible screws and the panel seems to almost want to come off, but I can't seem to get it fully off. Its stuck right on top where you would open the door from the inside. The inside door opener is what I called it.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, figured out how to get the panel off. I found a piece of rod that seem to have fallen off of the door lever. I took the passenger door panel off to figure out where it needed to go. Once I got it back in place and using lock wire to hold it in place, the door opens fine from outside and inside. Good right? Well now my driver door will not lock. When you try to lock using the remote key or the button on the door, it locks fine, but when you open the door from the outside, it just opens right up. Does anybody have any idea on how to fix this?

thanks,

MoonySC