Bluetooth Help Needed

I just got a Motorola E815 and got it to connect O.K. to my 05 RX Bluetooth system. My problem is I can't get the RX to retrieve even one number from my contact list (phone book) in my E815. I know it won't transfer the complete phone book, but I thought you could transfer one number (entry) at a time.

Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or not doing, after hitting "start transfer" in the SETTINGS menu.

I hope I've been clear with my problem.

Thanks in advance.

:cries:

Check your phone are you storing your phone numbders on your SIM card or the phones memory.

I'm storing the phone numbers in the phone memory. I don't have a memory (TransFlash) card yet. If they were on the memory card I'm not sure of how I could transfer them to the RX system. Any help appreciated !

Is it Verizon? If so its probably not possible.

Yes it's Verizon. I knew before I bought the phone that the complete address book could not be put in all at once. I did think from past postings here that it could be done one number (contact) at a time.

I must say that in using the Bluetooth feature in the RX with the E815 phone, I have found the sound quality (voice) in both directions to be excellent. I just wish Motorola/Verizon would enable the phonebook transfer feature, or someone finds a work-around...

Yes it's Verizon. I knew before I bought the phone that the complete address book could not be put in all at once. I did think from past postings here that it could be done one number (contact) at a time.

I must say that in using the Bluetooth feature in the RX with the E815 phone, I have found the sound quality (voice) in both directions to be excellent. I just wish Motorola/Verizon would enable the phonebook transfer feature, or someone finds a work-around...

This is completely a Verizon issue. Motorola builds the phones with full support.

- Sean

This is completely a Verizon issue. Motorola builds the phones with full support.

- Sean

You are correct Sean. It won't work because Verizon does not enable OBEX in the E815.

- Sean

You are correct Sean. It won't work because Verizon does not enable OBEX in the E815.

An easy solution is to get a used Sony Ericsson phone like a T610 from Ebay and use it to transfer the phone book. SE phones generally have much better bluetooth design. Once you are done, sell it back on ebay. I transferred my phonebook usign a T616.

Derek

- Sean

An easy solution is to get a used Sony Ericsson phone like a T610 from Ebay and use it to transfer the phone book. SE phones generally have much better bluetooth design. Once you are done, sell it back on ebay. I transferred my phonebook usign a T616.

Derek

Great idea Derek !

Thanks

:cheers:

Does it matter whether the numbers are stored in the SIM or in the phonebook?

I just bought a Motorola V330 and haven't been able to transfer any numbers yet. The Bluetooth links is established and I can dial manually and receive calls using the steering wheel buttons, but I think without phonebook entries I cannot assign any quick-dial entries yet.

Does it matter whether the numbers are stored in the SIM or in the phonebook?

I just bought a Motorola V330 and haven't been able to transfer any numbers yet. The Bluetooth links is established and I can dial manually and receive calls using the steering wheel buttons, but I think without phonebook entries I cannot assign any quick-dial entries yet.

You'll need one of these phones to transfer the contacts, but don't look to Verizon to buy them:

http://toyota.letstalk.com/bluetooth/bt_userguides.htm